Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Heatit (Multireg) Thermostat not displaying actual temperature

Ole

Question

I just realized that I posted this question in a really old thread so I thought I'd start a new topic.

I just installed a new HeatIT thermostat ver. 1.8. The problem is that the temperature sensor is not giving me the room temperature, but instead is reporting the set temperature on the termostat. I have two other ones that are ver. 1.5 and they work. Anyone else have this problem? I am running a HC2 4.130.

That is a known. Please look at the document below. 1st paragraph should give you an answer.

Please login or register to see this link.

Reading temperature from internal sensor through Z-Wave will be back in firmware 1.9. Which should be released soon.

Edited by jakub.jezek

• Inquirer
  • 23 hours ago, jakub.jezek said:

That is a known. Please look at the document below. 1st paragraph should give you an answer.

Reading temperature from internal sensor through Z-Wave will be back in firmware 1.9. Which should be released soon.

Do you know if you get the actual temperature if you use an external sensor?

Edited by Ole

1 hour ago, Ole said:

Do you know if you get the actual temperature if you use an external sensor?

Yes, we test some sensors, that we carefully picked, because not every NTC 10k Ohm is not the same. They seems to work.

Photo of it below. Quite a lot of space.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

17 hours ago, Ole said:

Will it be a Ota update?

I don't know.

@Ole,

I made some investigation, but i do not think, that update of Heatit thermostat will be OTA.

• Inquirer
  • Just now, jakub.jezek said:

@Ole,

I made some investigation, but i do not think, that update of Heatit thermostat will be OTA.

Yes I heard back from Thermo-Floor and they say you need a cable to update. Here in Norway it costs over 63 euros which is insane.

Hmmm, should be USB, then i think it is manageable.

63 Euro. Well that is quite a lot of money. Is VAT included?

• Inquirer
  • 15 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

Hmmm, should be USB, then i think it is manageable.

63 Euro. Well that is quite a lot of money. Is VAT included?

Yes, VAT included, but still, its only a USB with some pins at one end.

Unfortunately it is price politic of dealer. Maybe inquiry is not that high for that cable.

• Inquirer
  • Any way to get the actual room temperature in the web interface?

@Ole,

You have to install external sensor. Or you need firmware version 1.7 and lower or version 1.9.

On 6/12/2017 at 2:26 PM, jakub.jezek said:

Yes, we test some sensors, that we carefully picked, because not every NTC 10k Ohm is not the same. They seems to work.

Photo of it below. Quite a lot of space.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I don't know.

Hi,

I wanted to install a sensor to my thermostat aswell.

What sensor are you using in this picture? Please be specific :)

7 minutes ago, birgersp said:

What sensor are you using in this picture? Please be specific

It is NTC 10k Ohm, B25/85=3977. Cable is BCYH 0,15.

On 6/13/2017 at 4:34 PM, Ole said:

Yes, VAT included, but still, its only a USB with some pins at one end.

Did anybody do a firmware update already? There are 4 pins with 6 holes in the device, so I would guess

1=GND

2=

3=RX

4=TX

5=

6=3,3V

It should be possible with a standard FTDI USB adapter so perhaps no need to buy such an overprized cable?

3 minutes ago, omnior said:

Did anybody do a firmware update already? There are 4 pins with 6 holes in the device, so I would guess

I did update on several ocasions. Customer borough it on Friday, so i do not have it with me right now.

I think my colleague has this one

It should use same PC driver as Heatit update cable.

Hi Jakub, is this a special adapter? I have one here like this: 

Do you think there is a general difference in these adapters?

8 minutes ago, omnior said:

I have one here like this: 

What driver does this device use?

We use driver from Silabs and it works with Heatit update cable and colleagues UART:

Ok agreed, as I am not sure if the Silabs driver works with mine, I will order one of the converter you mentioned.

If you have back yours, perhaps you can tell me if my pin layout was correct and also if it uses the 3,3V (or perhaps 5V).

Thanks so far for your help. Greetings from Munich.

54 minutes ago, omnior said:

Ok agreed, as I am not sure if the Silabs driver works with mine, I will order one of the converter you mentioned.

The board you have is based on FT232R chip and is not compatible with the CP2102 chip and that driver won't work.

I don't own such a thermostat, but I do use the official Z-Wave programmer and that one only works with serial converters based on the CP2102. The software does not detect other USB to serial converters.

You can buy CP2102 converters on amazon, banggood, ... for a few $ - but will it work?

On 6/13/2017 at 3:58 PM, Ole said:

Yes I heard back from Thermo-Floor and they say you need a cable to update. Here in Norway it costs over 63 euros which is insane.

If you have to use their software to do the update, they might detect serial number or product number and refuse to work with any other adapter!

If they don't provide access to the binary file(s) for the Z-Wave programmer, you're out of luck.

Those RX/TX pins might not even connect to the Z-Wave chip... I don't have a clue!

I cannot post a link to the CP2102 converter that I own because I bought it long time ago and you might not get the exact same version...

I also cannot guarantee it will work with that device - but I can say it works if you can connect RX and TX to the series 500 chipset and use Silabs Z-Wave programming software. And have a 'bin" file for this software. Lot's of "ifs"! The TX/TR are the purple wires on this picture (an Aeon Z-Stick Gen 5). You'll also have to hold and release reset, that's something I do with a piece of wire.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_04/IMG_20180423_164739.jpg.1e1e6cd0a5beffdfeb8136cb1867f9da.jpg" alt="IMG_20180423_164739.jpg.1e1e6cd0a5beffdfeb8136cb1867f9da.jpg" />