Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC2 UI: using sliders to set parameter value...

surfek

Question

Hi,

(I am getting mad with Fibaro UI using sliders to set up parameters value...)

I offer bottle of very good home brew beer (Baltic Porter) to the individual who will manage to set up value of exact 1201 sec to the parameter using fibaro slider ;)

It would be much easier to enter value in edit box rather than using slider. But someone designed it to look more "fancy" :(

How do you deal with it?

Have a nice day,

Michal

Please login or register to see this attachment.

10 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, surfek said:

Hi,

(I am getting mad with Fibaro UI using sliders to set up parameters value...)

I offer bottle of very good home brew beer (Baltic Porter) to the individual who will manage to set up value of exact 1201 sec to the parameter using fibaro slider ;)

It would be much easier to enter value in edit box rather than using slider. But someone designed it to look more "fancy" :(

How do you deal with it?

Have a nice day,

Michal

Uhmm click on the number in the blue box (4445) and you can type there;)

Do I still win the beer ;)

• Inquirer
  • 13 minut temu, jimicr napisał:

Uhmm click on the number in the blue box (4445) and you can type there;)

Do I still win the beer ;)

Too easy ;) I tried of course to enter it manually, but it seems to not work for me. Does it work for you?

When I enter and save new values, user interface is refreshed and I have old value back :(

any clue?

What kind of device are you trying to configure? If it is battery operated you'll need to wake it (by 3 presses on the b-button) or wait till it completes it wake up cycle. But that can take a long time.

@jimicr, it looks like smoke sensor to me. But not Fibaro smoke sensor.

@surfek, If it is battery operated, then set parameter -> save -> wake-up device -> reload web page. What does status window shows (see image below where to find it) you about it?

26 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

Jakub,

what a temperatures you have there. It must be a thirsty weather, hhh:ninja:

• Inquirer
  • 5 godzin temu, jimicr napisał:

What kind of device are you trying to configure? If it is battery operated you'll need to wake it (by 3 presses on the b-button) or wait till it completes it wake up cycle. But that can take a long time.

I am trying to set up offset for temperature to adjust the reading. Values entered manually are not saved. Values "entered" using slider are saved, but it is impossible to set the correct offset...

Device is wire powered (UBS), but the same is for Fibaro Motion Sensor (battery operated).

Does it work for you?

Best regards,

Michal 

Just now, surfek said:

I am trying to set up offset for temperature to adjust the reading. Values entered manually are not saved. Values "entered" using slider are saved, but it is impossible to set the correct offset...

Device is wire powered (UBS), but the same is for Fibaro Motion Sensor (battery operated).

Does it work for you?

Best regards,

Michal 

Hi @surfek, it's been a while since I adjusted values on a battery operated device (or any device thinking about it) last time was a new fibaro motion sensor on v4.120 and it worked then. 

• Inquirer
  • 4 minuty temu, jimicr napisał:

Hi @surfek, it's been a while since I adjusted values on a battery operated device (or any device thinking about it) last time was a new fibaro motion sensor on v4.120 and it worked then. 

I am on 4.130...

Can you please try to enter temperature offset value manually and check if it is saved and if temperature reading has been corrected by this value?

Will try  tomorrow, kids are asleep (finally) and I don't want to wake them :) 

@Bodyart, I am hidden in office with air conditioning, so i'm ok 8-), with the weather.

@surfek, I tried to set some temperature, but it offset works correctly in interval (min. value; -2) and (2; max. value). --> Sorry for the Math.

In interval from (-2; 2), there is some strange rounding. Atleast, in my case i cannot set properly offset to eg. +1,2 °C.