Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Z-wave.me wall switch unable to configure

MDC

Question

I had this switch in system and work fine until in one day, stop responding. I made a reinclusion and stop responding. After factory reset....same issue...can't be added in network anymore.

I buy a new device from them and same issue.

I try to reconfigure...say configuration in progress....and this is the way controler day. I need to make a restore in order to bring back to life.

Z-wave led on HC2 stay on in this time, i need to reset unit in order to work again.

PS. Battery is brand new

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Mediacut

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

Hello,

When the Switch stopped to respond? I believe that it did not happen right after upgrading to 4.133 as you did not mention that.

Did you do the recovery of the HC2?

• Inquirer
  • 6 minutes ago, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

When the Switch stopped to respond? I believe that it did not happen right after upgrading to 4.133 as you did not mention that.

Did you do the recovery of the HC2?

Indeed after update to 4.133 was stop working.

I don't downgrade, I'm still on it.

But, did it stop working right after the update? Or did you use it with the system and some time later it started to behave like this?

As I understand you have two same devices and they both are not properly recognized by the system?

22 hours ago, Mediacut said:

I try to reconfigure...say configuration in progress....and this is the way controler day. I need to make a restore in order to bring back to life.

What do you restore?

22 hours ago, Mediacut said:

Z-wave led on HC2 stay on in this time, i need to reset unit in order to work again.

By reset you mean reboot or recovery?

• Inquirer
  • On 7/4/2017 at 4:55 PM, T.Konopka said:

But, did it stop working right after the update? Or did you use it with the system and some time later it started to behave like this?

As I understand you have two same devices and they both are not properly recognized by the system?

What do you restore?

By reset you mean reboot or recovery?

1. After update some buttons stop responding to scene, i try to edit but all switch parameters disapear from FIBARO. I try to make a re-inclusion and after that i can't add anymore this switch. In first case i was thinking that the switch is defect, so i order other, same issue, i can't add to network.

2. About reset. When i try to add this device into fibaro network, i put fibaro in learn mode and follow switch instruction. on this step fibaro freeze, only thing i need to do is to reset fibaro by unplug from power and after that restore to previous backup. I also contact zwave.me and i do all steps that they indicate me, same, no success.

By the way the switch template is undefined since 4.110 release. 

I have reported about the issue,but this update still has same problem.

Any idea when you'll fix the problem.

Hello,

@cag014, thank you for reminding me about the issue. It is similar. I have updated the report and asked for feedback.

I will make sure it will be solved soon.

• Inquirer
  • 8 hours ago, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

@cag014, thank you for reminding me about the issue. It is similar. I have updated the report and asked for feedback.

I will make sure it will be solved soon.

+1

Hello,

Is there a solution for these issues. ?

Because I have 25x Wallc-S in a new house and problems with the VeraPlus.

So I think to exchange it with a HC2, but if the issues are similar....

Bye

I have the same issue. Including of the wall switch is not possible anymore in the recent firmware versions.

It does include partially, but the added device shows 'Not configured'. Wakeup doesn't seem to do anything.

On 31-7-2017 at 3:35 PM, stefan2904 said:

I have the same issue. Including of the wall switch is not possible anymore in the recent firmware versions.

It does include partially, but the added device shows 'Not configured'. Wakeup doesn't seem to do anything.

If you're talking about 4.134 I can confirm that. I opened a support case long time ago but because their only suggestion was "to try again" I asked them to close the case. I tried every version from 4.130 onwards. With different battery types, different distances from HC and so on. I don't want to say it is Fibaro's fault, the device may very well have an issue too, for example, not following certain standards or so. Who am I to tell... ;-)

EDIT:

I was able to include other modules, but not the ZME_WALLC-S. But I did not give up! I still did not rule out issues with the Z-Wave network, and maybe his module is more sensitive to something... yesterday, I tracked down a "rogue" Fibaro Relay. By "Rogue" I mean it was communicating with the controller about 1x per second. It should not do that. I have not yet investigated what it was doing or why it was doing that, I just disconnected it. Maybe I'll start another topic if I know more. The "rogue" module sat about 3 meter from the HC in a box on the floor.

So after that, I used my rechargeable batteries LIR2032, I did a hard rest of the module, I put the module in direct range, distance about 2 m from the controller.

I did 2 attempts and although the LED indications on the module looked fine, I got this on the configuration page:

Z-Wave protocol type:0

Z-Wave protocol ver.:0.0

Also, it is not only a matter of missing data on the web page, the api/devices/<ID> is missing info. For example: productInfo: ""

So I thought it would not work. On the other hand, I noticed that the GUI *did* display the remote with all possible actions, as expected. Today I decided to add a simple scene to one of the buttens an it DOES work!

To summarize:

• Fresh battery or even better LIR2032 cell
    • Minimize Z-Wave traffic (stopping scenes, shutting down devices, maybe hunting down issues)
    • Reset module
    • Inclusion 2 meter from HC
    • GUI show missing data (Z-Wava protocol type and version 0)
    • api/devices/<IP> has missing data
    • But... adding scenes to the "Remote" works!

Edited by petergebruers
    New test - better result

On 31.07.2017 at 3:59 PM, petergebruers said:

So after that, I used my rechargeable batteries LIR2032, I did a hard rest of the module, I put the module in direct range, distance about 2 m from the controller.

I did 2 attempts and although the LED indications on the module looked fine, I got this on the configuration page:

Z-Wave protocol type:0

Z-Wave protocol ver.:0.0

Also, it is not only a matter of missing data on the web page, the api/devices/<ID> is missing info. For example: productInfo: ""

I understand that these findings relate to FIBARO Relay? Or to the Z-Wave.me Wall Switch?

8 minutes ago, T.Konopka said:

I understand that these findings relate to FIBARO Relay? Or to the Z-Wave.me Wall Switch?

The FGS-211 included without any issues. It is the ZME_WALLC-S that shows odd values in gui and api.

was digging in a dirt a bit: when including ZME_WALLC-S the ZWave executable is crashing (right after parameter 30 before associations groups). Not even older Zwave executable version (4.110) was working, so i took a look on the template and it looks like it has been changed right after 4.110.

Without template ZME_WALLC-S can be included, shows up as configured and it works (on 4.134), with older template (the one from 4.110, which might be not compatible with 4.13x) works as well. 

5 minutes ago, tinman said:

was digging in a dirt a bit: when including ZME_WALLC-S the ZWave executable is crashing (right after parameter 30 before associations groups). Not even older Zwave executable version (4.110) was working, so i took a look on the template and it looks like it has been changed right after 4.110.

Without template ZME_WALLC-S can be included, shows up as configured and it works (on 4.134), with older template (the one from 4.110, which might be not compatible with 4.13x) works as well. 

Hi tinman, sound like progress! Can you explain how to include without the template (or with an old template)?

Just now, stefan2904 said:

Hi tinman, sound like progress! Can you explain how to include without the template (or with an old template)?

it was actually information for Fibaro, as customer there is nothing you can do for now (unless you call support, and ask them to remove the template 370 from your HC2). Having one 

ZME_WALLC-S i would probably wait, but having 25 ( like @

) i would try it.

BTW: For security reason Fibaro closed the way i used some months ago (to assign dummy template and/or to say device "you are configured") in such cases, they did it because it was bit dangerous for typical customer, one could destroy lot of things with wrong values.

@tinman thanks. Bad template could explain missing info in GUI. To avoid misunderstanding: I was able to include my device, it shows"configured" and scenes are working (fw 4.134). So I wonder... how..  did I do that? 

1 minute ago, petergebruers said:

@tinman thanks. Bad template could explain missing info in GUI. To avoid misunderstanding: I was able to include my device, it shows"configured" and scenes are working (fw 4.134). So I wonder... how..  did I do that? 

i think it is just different, not bad. Did you see any fw version? probably not, so the configuration stopped somewhere as well, this must not be always the same situation (i ran inclusion here for two ZME_WALLC-S with fw 1.1 and it stopped exactly at same time, however once i got configured as well after i clicked "read configuration", but that's all does not matter as the background process is simply crashing while receiving information's from the ZME_WALLC-S).

Since February 2017 started with home center 2, first only with one wallc-s and a dimmer. after successfully tested bought more devices.

First wallc-s (manufacturered/chipset by zwave.me) was working with fw 4.110

after fw 4.110+ (all fw) the device kept working. But re-including was not possible end ended with a 'not configured' device. I have reset my hc2 many times (factory default).

the other wallc-s devices were manufactured by other companies, or contained other chipset. One 'devolo' and one 'pop'. 

The wallc-s (devolo) could not be included with fw 4.110. This was only possible with all newer fw versions. Only it is not possible to make associations. But it is still difficult to configure all parameters. This needs to be done several times before all parameters are configured. 

The wallc-s and wallc-2 both with 'pop' chipset/manufacturer was not working at all fw. In have returned those.

i have reported this several times to support in the last months, but until now still no good support for wallc-s switch. 

The devices are working fine in open zwave control panel via open source solutions

michel

Support confirmed the issues reported in this topic. The issue was introduced in 4.130 and exists in all later versions (4.134 when I am writing this). Will be fixed in one of the next releases. If the device works, because you included it on an earlier version, please do not reconfigure it, it will stop working and you cannot include it properly afterwards.