Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Can the RGBW module be used for both input and RGBW?

BPC

Question

Hi There

I´am very new to fiber and z-wave, i have another intelligent controle system i my house, but i can´t controle RGBW strips with it, and then i was recommanded fibaro RGBW module, and i have bought a used HomeCenter Lite, and a new RGBW module, and it works very well, but i can´t figure out the manuel, am i able to use the inputs, and program them at the same time i use the module as RGBW controller, ? i want to transfer some signals from my intelligence house controle to fibaro system to controle my light, as i understand the inputs are locked to some simple controle functions when i use it as RGBW device...

My plan as it looks now, i will have 4 RGBW moduls, controlling 4 different RGBW zones, but i want also to be able to send one off signal, and one on signal, but do i have to buy another RGBW module to do this, and only use this module as an input device??  it will be nuts to buy an extra module if i have overlooked a feature..

Regards 

Brian

Denmark

1 answer to this question

If the modules are in RGBW mode, the inputs control the RGBW values. Always. In other words, if you connect something to an input, your light will change if the input changes. Because you want to measure something, without changing the output, you need an extra module... Or you can buy a Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor. It has two digital inputs (no analog) and no controllable outputs and runs on DC, like the RGBW.