Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Connecting Tahoma With HC2

Alhelo

Hi All,

How do i connect Tahoma box with the Fibaro HC2, anyone can help please.

Hi @Alhelo

I studied the Tahoma box about a year ago, having a lot of Somfy blinds in the house already when I bought my HC2 two years ago.

Conclusion: you cannot connect Tahoma to Fibaro. Reason is that Tahoma (=Somfy) is a complete closed system, without having an API like interface (or at least not a publicly documented interface).

This is the reason I abandoned Tahoma completely. I now control 18 Somfy blinds directly from my HC2 through virtual devices, but using a Raspberry Pi with a 433 Mhz transmitter to send the Somfy signals. Note that this only works for Somfy RTS-type motors. The newer Somfy IO-controlled motors again have a proprietary (non-publicly documented) system, and can't be controlled this way.

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Thank you, i will purchase the Raspberry Pi and the RFXtrx433E USB 433.92 MHz transceiver, and i will let you once everything is done, hope i'll be able to do it.

There is a brief manual on the HC2/RasPi/RFXTrx/Somfy setup which I posted on this site somewhere last year. Perhaps that might help you with the setup.

• Topic Author
  • Hi Wim, 

i found your setup earlier today, and i download your pdf (

Please login or register to see this link.

). am sure it should help, if i need any questions i will contact you. Thank you again.

Abdelrahman.

Hi Abdelrahman,

Good luck, and indeed, do not hesitate to contact me if you need help.

Bye, Wim

• 1 year later...

Does someone has an update on how to connect Fibaro HC2 to Tahoma  to control Somfy IO roman blinds?

It seems that an api is available now.

• 3 weeks later...

Are there members on this forum with a Tahoma and a HC2, capable and willing to test the API?

Edited by net

As I read the api, this is not a direct control for the Tahoma box.

I recall from my earlier studying the tahoma system that this box is always connected to the Somfy servers in France. Looking at what Somfy is calling an api, you give a command to the api server in France using curl, and in turn the api server will most likely give a command to the Tahoma box which will then control your screen.

Not a flexible way to work, and very depending on a reliable connection.

I cannot help you further, I made the decision two years ago not to pursue with Tamoha, being such a closed system. I have no regret contolling 18 screen with Somfy RTS in combination with a Raspberry.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Does anybody check if this stick for Tahoma would work with Fibaro?