Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro HC2 Crashed??

morpheus75

Question

I dont know if anyone else has come accross this, but this morning my system seemed to have froze! My last scene that ran was about 00:05, and after that i have just a couple of scenes to turn off bedroom lamps and these didnt work, neither did the morning water heating, central heating scenes etc

when i tried to manually run them nothing worked. tried to disarm sensors but they would auto-re arm. tried the dimmers and they would stay on. no scene would run.

a restart of HC2 did the trick.

a client of mine reported the same thing this morning so Question: Has anyone else experienced this, this morning?

thanks

57 minutes ago, speedy said:

Ive had the exact same error, HC2 version is V 4.130.

Could not control HC2 with computer via browser (safari) (page was same as yours) 

Could not control HC2 with Fibaro app on IOS, tried different devices.

Scenes with motion sensors stopped working. HC2 was completley "stuck"

3 LEDs lit (power, ethernet, internet),

Z-wave indication LED blinking "normally" indication communication with devices.

Static IP set.

No root acess.

No ping either?

59 minutes ago, Lambik said:

No ping either?

I hadn't seen this post when it happened, will check this if it happens again, and check the time. (i use time server)

Just to be clear about this topic.....

Somehow we should pinpoint the source of the mentioned problems:

1 - Network configuration problems:

Is the HC2 reachable in the local network, try to ping the it. If the HC2 responces (by IP-address) then the web-administration should also work (and ssh).

2 - If ping responces and there is no web-access (by IP)-address. Embedded HC webserver is crashed, busy or not accessible.

When accessed by LAN-domainname, try by IP-address. (checking for functional DNS).

When proplems occur, use LAN access instead of remote access.

Clear webbrowser cache or use an other webbrowser.

Disable remote access.

Try to access by app(s), configured to access by LAN, not remote.

3 - Check HC2 is to busy to respond.

Just wait for a hour or so, be suprised what patience can solve!

Check front side LEDS to see what's happening. Wait and observe.

Be sure all devices the HC2 communicate with (like IP-Cameras or other devices which communicate by http/https/API) are online and working properly!

4 - Z-Wave related problems.

Check HC2 Z-Wave front LED. should be flickering.

Check if automated lights/relais work (for example, when a motion sensor is used to switch on a light).

5 - Reboot the HC2 and check if the problem dissapears. Check memory and CPU behaviour for a long peroid of time.

Just some words of notice.

a - Be absolutely sure your local network setup/configuration/working is allright!

b - Don't use the HC2 for extensive http/https/api/arp traffic. The HC2 is not build for that. Better use seperate gateway for that (like a Raspberry Pi with Node-Red for example).

c - Try to build a Z-Wave network from the inside out. When adding devices be sure your Z-Wave devices in near distance to the HC2 are stable. This is essential for adding devices which have long distances. Use as many powered devices as possible (with extender cappabilities).

d - When having problems, check battery levels and check for dead nodes.

e - When having problems, try to limit IP-camera streams and see if this will reduce the problems.

Just my 2 cents...;D

Edited by Lambik

• Inquirer
  • just an update. 

my system has now been running smoothly again. its been 11 days since the crash.

the only change i have made is an extra scene and VD to monitor Core CPU usage and post onto thingpseak

Please login or register to see this link.

this shows that about once a day i do get a 50 to 60% cpu usage otherwise in the whole its less than 10%.

still dont know what caused it and just waiting to see if it happens again.  if it does then will use @Lambik bullet point list to see if i can narrow it down.

thanks

My system crashed again. This time a 503.

Scenes stopped working, z-wave devices stopped reporting (or HC2 stopped logging data etc)

Nothing specific done, i was watching TV so no programming, changing code etc.

Errors:

Could not control HC2 with computer via browser (safari) (page was same as yours) 

Could not control HC2 with Fibaro app on IOS, tried different devices.

Scenes with motion sensors stopped working. HC2 was completley "stuck"

3 LEDs lit (power, ethernet, internet),

Z-wave indication LED blinking "normally" indication communication with devices.

Static IP set.

HC2 responded to Ping.

I have not restarted the HC2 since the last error so uptime is Jul 26 to Aug 29.

To me this is new behaviour, before 4.130 this never happened to me.

So same problem again, but this time a 503 instead of GUI not working at all.

Reboot button from 503 GUI worked.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by speedy

• Inquirer
  • hi

my system also crashed again on thursday 24th (a week ago). never got a chance to post as i was going away so timing wasnt that great!!

i tried @Lambik suggestions and i got no ping, no app worked, no browser worked.

3 lights lit, and z-wave flickered but no repsonse from devices.

a restart was the only option.

fortunately the system behaved whilst away and i have the 'send messages to telegram' running on mine so i knew that lights were being switched on and off correctly.

the only thing i did different a day earlier was change IP address and reset my network. upon checking the telegram messages it was after midnight weds ie early hours of thurs when things stopped working. so dont know if this is a coincidence or not...

thanks

PS as @speedy mentioned this never happened to me before the 4.130 update either..