Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC Lite: no way to get access :(

apgc

Question

Hi,

Recently my HC Lite crashed again. usually a power cycle is enough to get it back, but this time I couldn't access it anymore after cycling it.

Tried power cycling it again, and again. No change. Tried the soft reset. Same problem. 

Checking on my router, where I configured a fixed IP to be allocated to it in the DHCP tables based on it's MAC address, I saw it wasn't listed as usual.

As a last resort I pressed power and reset for 10 seconds, hoping it would default to 192.168.81.1 as per the documentation. I then connected it directly to my PC (using a switch of course), changed the IP settings of the Ethernet device on my PC as per the instructions online on Fibaro UK:

Please login or register to see this link.

1. Click on your network connection near your clock.
  2. Click Open Network and Sharing Center
  3. Click Change adapter settings
  4. Right click on Local Area Connection
  5. Click Properties
  6. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
  7. Click Properties
  8. Take note of the settings here as you will need to change them back later
  9. Click Use the following IP address
  10. In the IP address box, enter 192.168.81.5
  11. In the Subnet mask box, enter  255.255.255.0
  12. In the Default gateway box, enter 192.168.81.1
  13. Click OK
  14. Click Close
  15. There will be a delay while the settings are processed.

Result: still no way to access the HC.

I'm out of options now. If I power cycle the device the lights wave in and out to the center light and back out.

Anyone has some tips or ideas?

Thank you,

APGC

14 answers to this question

Hi @apgc,

Alternatively, you can try to do the recovery using this method:

If you held the button too long, you may set the static IP and then you will need to connect HCL to your PC directly with a cable.

Edited by I.Srodka

• Inquirer
  • Thank you for the suggestion Srodka,

Had already tried this an just tried again. The unit restarts directly with the LED's waving in and out from the center.

I did try to connect it directly to my PC (through a switch) since I don't have a crossed cable at my disposal. Followed the procedure posted above. No luck.

You should not need a crossed cable.

An Ethernet crossover cable is a type of Ethernet cable used to connect computing devices together directly. It is most often used to connect two devices of the same type: e.g. two computers (via network interface controller) or two switches to each other. By contrast, patch cables or straight through cables are used to connect devices of different types, such as a computer to a network switch or Ethernet hub.

Those devices (your PC and our HC) are not devices of the same type.

Try to plug it in directly.

• Inquirer
  • Hi again, I know I need a crossed cable in case I connect *directly* to my PC.

I don't need crossed cables if I connect the devices through a switch, which is what I'm doing.

The problem is 100% on the HCL level. Networking is not the issue here.

Hope this helps,

APGC

Edited by apgc

• Inquirer
  • Hi again, any help anyone? Fibaro maybe? Anyone?

Hi @apgc,

I've seen that you contacted our support. Please wait patiently for their response as they will handle your query.

• Inquirer
  • I will do that Srodka,

However, it would be good if things get followed up here also. I'm currently living in a house without real control over heating etc... And I know from experience that your support team is overloaded, thus slow...

Thank you,

APGC

Same here, nothing work, straight out of box, just LEDs blinking left and right from the center, this is my third HC lite, with previous two had no problems, with this one I cant even log in, nothing helps, cant get into recovery, nothing.

Guest Martin Heath

Any updates??

Very similar experience for me too. I haven't been able to reset my HCL and today I can't even get access to the unit, despite Fibaro Finder displaying the IP address. All this started off by me trying to load the latest HCL software but the HCL seemed to just go into an infinitive loop.... Also, my internal HCL memory is at 98%. Any ideas?

UPDATE:

I just had a support session with the Fibaro team who worked hard for on the issue. The unit is broken and will be repaired under warranty.

Edited by Martin Heath

Well, mine was in warranty, so was replaced with new one.

Hey guys, I have the exact same issue!

Its been like this for maybe 2-3 months but I have had other things on my mind so I just pushed it up.

I´ve been in contact with Fibaro Support and they want me to ship it to Poland.

But since I have to pay for the shipping (like 50 euros) and they don´t know what the problem is, I´m not that happy to just send it away.

Do you have a suggestion for me or should I just send it?

I guess it will take a couple of weeks/monts and I really want it fixed quickly because I use it as home alarm and now in the winter the break ins happens really often..

Thanks

@Malm, if you max out all options, please send the unit back to Poland.

I will close this topic because if you were instructed by the support team:

On 2.12.2017 at 11:25 PM, Malm said:

I´ve been in contact with Fibaro Support and they want me to ship it to Poland.

On 28.09.2017 at 3:24 PM, Martin Heath said:

UPDATE:

I just had a support session with the Fibaro team who worked hard for on the issue. The unit is broken and will be repaired under warranty.

to send it back, I advise you to send it back.