Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dimmer 2 and multiple switches

Momos

Question

Hi ,

First off don't laugh at my drawing :P . It took me 2 days to figure out how one light circuit with 3 switches is connected :(  Had to measure cables individually to see what goes where as the color code is meh...  a job well done from an approved electrician like 10 years ago ]:->

The colors in the drawing are exactly as the real cable colors in the switch boxes.

I want to install a Dimmer 2 in the middle wall box like this: 

- Green wire to S1

- Red Live wire to L

- Red wire from lights to Consumer on dimmer

- N from lights continue it to the N on dimmer (this N cable from Lights is also in the wall box)

- Black wire from Switch Living to Sx

Would that do or not please ?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Momos

5 answers to this question

Hi @Momos,

It is possible to use Dimmer 2 as a 3-way switch, corresponding scheme may be found in Dimmer 2 manuals:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Dimmer is capable of 3-way switch connection but the installation is up to the end-user. If your not sure you know how to connect it properly, ask some electrician with some more recent knowledge.

• Inquirer
  • Thank you for the picture. I know that picture but it's not quite what i'm asking.   In my case the middle switch is a 4-way switch.  Waiting for some community feedback :) 

The light circuit works as it is now, just wanted to make sure i'm plugging the Dimmer in the correct spot. 

@Momos,

The 3-way switch diagram means you connect our Dimmer to 3 switches. I believe you mean that your middle switch is a switch with two bistate buttons.

Edited by I.Srodka

• Inquirer
  • indeed :) 

Still considering that the circuit works fine without a dimmer,  is the place where i want to put the dimmer the correct one?  

The place you suggested seems alright - it's a convenient position because of the near source of light.

Secondly, connection through switches just need to start and end with S1 and Sx circuit.

Additional button from the middle switch can be connected to S2 in our Dimmer 2.