Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Switch being slow?

rado

Have same issue, @I.Srodka i tested it with voltmeter, and the output is indeed delaying for 0.5s sometimes, it is strange... Sometimes it even do not react for switch change (have param 20 set to 2), it is in setup with 4 switches that operates light... but if i turn on light in like 2 days, i need to switch 4 times to turn on light, it is frustrating... maybe i can change all switches to momentary, but...

I have homey as my controller, it says firmware id is 1043 for FGS-213, 513 for FGS-223) is it the latest versions??

Edited by bckp

• 2 months later...
Guest Xander2

I have the same problem with the newer FGS-223 models. There is a short delay between toggeling the switch and the ligth turning on. Sometimes the light does not go on at all and I have to try it again. I never had this problem with older models from a couple of years back.

Additionally, the new models do not need the extra live wire connected which is a plus. But it has become a lot ticker, making it even harder to fit. They lost the software battle (e.g. home assistant), now with the inferior hardware they seem to be losing it all.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh... I thought it would just be me... I also have problem with one single switch 2. There is a small delay of around 1s between the button press and the click of the relay. Someone suggested that it can be a transformer problem which needs some tome to start working but in my case I can hear the relay clicking with delay so no transformer problem. I have many single and double switches in my home all are wired and set in the same way but only this makes this problem.

Hi,

I have lots of these and no delays. I had one dud now returned other than that they have all worked without issues.

All I can think is that some of you may have tried scene activation. This causes delays. It has to wait to see if you are going to send another click so there is no way but to delay.

single

Check parameter 10 is set to 0

Check parameter 11 is set to 0

Check parameter 28 is set to 0

Check parameter 29 is set to 0

double

Check parameter 15 is set to 0

Check parameter 16 is set to 0

also are they genuine?

waiting for an answer but there are some odd devices around that claim and look like fibaro on the box but when they report their manufacturer are not.

• Topic Author
  • All of these are set to "0".

It's simply wrong HW/SW design by Fibaro, which was never fixed.

Switch should behave like a switch, even when there is 10-15W LED it is controlling.

Well, maybe it was fixed, in new releases (I doubt it), but they never admitted their products having this fault, altough they clearly have it. And firmware is not upgradable :(

Problematic switch info:

version.PNG.c305bf94738bfbe8217b8cb3f12c7000.PNG

Edited by rado

11 hours ago, rado said:

Switch should behave like a switch, even when there is 10-15W LED it is controlling.

Seems strange when I have no issue and 30+ single and doubles to say it is a design issue.  Mostly control LED lights of various types.

I am happy to point out Fibaro deficiencies but have found none with these devices. 

I had one dud and had no issues returning it to my supplier for a replacement.

11 hours ago, rado said:

And firmware is not upgradable

?

• Topic Author
  • Switches I own do not have "check new firmware" option.

So even if there is software problem, I'm stuck with these faulty units.

And it does not matter some units work fine for you as there are quite a few people with problematic units, and nobody can be sure how it will behave in his setup. So I would not recommend anybody going with Fibaro. Get something else.

Edited by rado

Have you checked the first endpoint for the button? Have a check in the advanced that tab of that endpoint.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_08/image.png.ef2c2324f884e3bfecad3d9bb827f12f.png" />

• 1 year later...

So I own quite a few of these devices.

I have a good understanding of zwave internals.

The issues above are caused by the fact that the process flow in these devices is to send the state of the switch to the gateway first, then to toggle the state of the relay.

That's why people are seeing these 'delay' issues. Its most likely because the packets are trying various routes, until one that works and is ACKed by the gateway is found, and then the physical relay toggles. The same issue causes the switch not to change states at all when the physical button is pressed, just in that case NO route is found.

There ARE multiple issues with the firmware on these devices.

I am already invested in these as I have about 25 of them installed in my walls, but next time... Wont be fibaro thats for sure.

The irony is that I live in Poland, where these are produced... But doing a RMA by removing them from the walls is just out of the question... I bet fibaro knows this.

EDIT :

To make them work a LITTLE bit better, what you want to do is remove the lifeline association and associate group 3 + 5 with your gateway. Then on your gateway, when it sees command class 38 packets come in from the switch, do a pool and update the state of the gateway according to what it sends back. This to bypass yet another firmware bug which is caused by setting params 53 / 57 to zero, but the switch sending out a meter report every second. Ideally, you dont want the meter reports to be sent out with every toggle as this will cause delay issues on double switch (instance 1 / 2) models, and generally other issues as the switch will be 'busy' fetching + sending the meter report.

EDIT 2:

There is no way around the double click issue. I wish fibaro would have thought to add a param to disable the double click feature all together.

EDIT 3:

I have tried qubino, aeotec and these. None are prefect... These are probably somewhere in the middle with Aeotec being the best, but not prefect as well. I bought these BEFORE trying a single qubino and aeotec... Had I known there would be this many issues I would have gone with the aeotecs... Their biggest downfall is that there is a 0.5 sec delay on physical toggle... But the plus is they ALWAYS work. Even pressing twice, after the short delay you end up with the proper state.

Edited by anom3
    • Like 1

• 1 year later...
    On 8/3/2019 at 10:52 PM, robmac said:

Hi,

I have lots of these and no delays. I had one dud now returned other than that they have all worked without issues.

All I can think is that some of you may have tried scene activation. This causes delays. It has to wait to see if you are going to send another click so there is no way but to delay.

single

double

Check parameter 15 is set to 0

Check parameter 16 is set to 0

also are they genuine?

waiting for an answer but there are some odd devices around that claim and look like fibaro on the box but when they report their manufacturer are not.

Is there a way to make heatit controller (and others) switch the dimmer 2 without making a scene? How? I currently have HC3 lite

• 1 month later...

If only I'd found this thread before buying my three Fibaro Single Switch 2 devices...

I know, these are without the relay, but the unrelaible/delayed behaviour I see is the same.

The parameters (10,11, 28,29) I don't recognize: I use Homey as controller. See attachment for settings.

I'm on the verge of thrashing  the Fibaros, replace with Hue, as I have 2 Hue lights which are relaible and have not noticable delay.

But before I do, maybe you can help me?

My setup:

- A Fibaro behind (and properly installed to) the physical switch on ground floor, 1st floor, and 2nd floor.

- Each switch controls a 60W incandescent lamp on its own floor.

- The distance between the Fibaros is 3m from 2nd to 1st floor, 3m from 1st to ground floor, 6m between 2nd and ground floor.

- The Homey controller is on the 1st floor, about 2m from the Fibaro on the 1st floor, about 3.5m to the Fibaros on the ground and 2nd floors.

My wish: toggle any switch and all 3 light react. On when off, Off when on, also when Homey controller is down.

Behaviour:

- OK: The light connected to the switch reacts right away, same as without a Fibaro.

- OK: Associated lights react (mostly, see next lines) also when Homey is down.

- ANNOYING: There is a delay of 0.5s best case, typically around 1s, sometimes up to 5s for the associated lights to react. If the switches were not used for an hour or more, the delay is always at least 1-2 seconds. The 0.5s I only see after switching a second or third time right after.

- UNACCEPTIBLE: Sometimes 1 or both associated lights do not react at all. Then I have to toggle the switch a few times to make them react. This means whenever I use a switch I have to check: are the other lights reacting? Wait a few seconds..., use the switch again, wait..., check again, use switch again, wait..., check again, until the lights have the desired state. So turning the lights on or off takes typically around 30 seconds?

So appreciate any help, hints, tips to improve the situation, most importantly make the 3 Fibaros act together reliably.

Best Regards, Kurantje

Please login or register to see this attachment.