Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC2 hang after power failure

marbe

Question

Hello,

sometimes are the power switched off. After restart the HC2 stays at state all leds on except the left one, this led is flashing.

After it is necessary to switch off with button power and then switch on again.

HC2 should start after power failure.

17 answers to this question

I had exact the same symptoms as Marbe described, and I've solved it. I saw on this forum a hint about the CMos battery, so I checked the voltage.

It was 2,8 Volts, and the CR2032 should have 3 Volts, so I assumed that it was "empty". I replaced it with a new one, measured voltage 3,3 Volts.

Bios settings were not affected when I replaced the battery. Now the HC2 boots when I remove the power and plug it in again. I had this issue for months, and now I'm a happy person. I live in an area where we have several power outages for hours and that happens a few times per year, and my UPS will not hold that long. I hope, by sharing this, that many of you can solve this now finally. 

Mine does. When power comes on again, the Fibaro HC2 start. No problem.

Are you sure that your wifi is starting - or could it be delayed? The HC2 cannot establish a connection before the wifi is on again.

Edited by Thomasn

• Inquirer
  • Yes, the net is on when HC starts, thanks.

If not, only second led is off and after resume internet led is switched on.

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

17 hours ago, marbe said:

Hello,

sometimes are the power switched off. After restart the HC2 stays at state all leds on except the left one, this led is flashing.

After it is necessary to switch off with button power and then switch on again.

HC2 should start after power failure.

I am also seeing this 

when it hangs after restarting, if I press the power button once, it then come back to a normal state where I can access the WEB UI and it works as expected 

running 4.140 

On 17/10/2017 at 3:21 PM, AutoFrank said:

I am also seeing this 

when it hangs after restarting, if I press the power button once, it then come back to a normal state where I can access the WEB UI and it works as expected 

running 4.140 

When you say 'press the power button once', does that not make it shut down, or do you mean short press it does not turn off but somehow becomes operable again? I have this issue too and even though I now have a UPS, that doesn't survive all power outages so when that runs out, even if the HC2 has clean shutdown, the restart means it hangs. 

41 minutes ago, Cameleon said:

do you mean short press it does not turn off but somehow becomes operable again

Correct @Cameleon

If I shut it down manually and power it back up then all is okay

If I reboot then all is okay as well

its just where the power drops suddenly that I experience the issue

On 20/10/2017 at 4:37 PM, AutoFrank said:

Correct @Cameleon

If I shut it down manually and power it back up then all is okay

If I reboot then all is okay as well

its just where the power drops suddenly that I experience the issue

That is the same as I get too.

I also have another situation where this happens

Power down the HC2 using the button on the rear

Unplug the HC2

Plug back in the HC2 and it will automatically start to power back up

The HC2 will hang and require intervention to start correctly 

Hello,

Same is the case with my HC2. The last LED from the left keep blinking . But what i have noticed is that it become stable after 4 to 5 minutes . Before the update, it was taking 1 to 2 minutes to boot properly . but now taking 5 minutes atleast.

Guest witters

I have this same issue, but have had it for quite a while maybe even 2 years. So I don't think this is a new version introduced bug.

I've been trying to find a way to send a command from my UPS to HC2 to shut it down clean to see if this prevents it from hanging. Does anyone know how to trigger a HC2 shutdown via a HTTP request or similar?

Edited by witters

I solved this by getting a UPS power back up on Amazon for around 100 euros. I have everything plugged into it that either can lose its IP address or that can cause havoc if it suddenly loses power...

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

my issue still remains.

It is every time necessary start my HC2 manually.

I connected monitor to HC2 and recorded all text.

I found:

• After normal successful start are there more error messages, like starting periodic command scheduler cron failed, and other. Screens at attachment and video here:

• Starting after power failure
      • Led's starting shine  from right to left, last left start flashing, but that’s all, HC2 doesn’t start
      • No text on monitor
      • Normal start begin only after pressing power button

Video start after power failure

Bios setup screens

I connected monitor to HC2 and recorded all text.

I found:

• After normal successful start are there more error messages, like starting periodic command scheduler cron failed, and other. Screens at attachment and video here:

• Starting after power failure
      • Leds starting shine  from right to left, last left start flashing, but that’s all, HC2 doesn’t start
      • No text on monitor
      • Normal start begin only after pressing power button

Video start after power failure

Thanks

I had similar problem with HC2 after power failure las night.

When power got back unit was completely dead, all LEDs on except the last left one which was blinking. Power button didn't work. 

I  called support they send me some steps what I should do. None of them worked. 

First I tried to connect HC2 to screen but it was just black. Then I tried to get into recovery mode and no success.

The guy at fibaro support told me to send the unit to them because most likely the main board is broken and I will need to pay for repair.

But I read your post here on the form and started randomly turning it on and off  (by removing power cable). I also removed recovery stick and I even changed the network cable. Have no idea what helped but after 15-20 mins of such treatment my HC2 came back to live.

UPS made no different to me, the device stayed up but was in an unstable state. unable to reboot or manage it at all but it was still on the network. 

replace the CMOS batteries guys... can get them off amazon with the correct connector already fitted and stops the 'hang' on startup.

On 10/17/2017 at 4:21 PM, AutoFrank said:

I am also seeing this 

running 4.140 

Same Here!! I started to have this issue.. I've replace de CMOS battery but it's still doing that.

And as AutoFrank said.. Double click, and it powers on.. 

How did you solve it?it´s really annoying to have a power failure and having HC2 off without automatic power on :(

I'd really appreciate any help about this

thanks