Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

flashing lights with dimmer 2

akatar

Question

For quite some time now, i have problems with the dimmer 2

this dimmer is normal set to 30%.

after a couple of days, the lights will go on and off, continously.\

so full on, off, full on, off.

with a 1 or 2 second interval.

the only thing that works is, with the app light off. then it works as it suppose to work.

any reason why this dimmer behave this way? i don't use alarm panels or so.

3 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, akatar said:

For quite some time now, i have problems with the dimmer 2

this dimmer is normal set to 30%.

after a couple of days, the lights will go on and off, continously.\

so full on, off, full on, off.

with a 1 or 2 second interval.

the only thing that works is, with the app light off. then it works as it suppose to work.

any reason why this dimmer behave this way? i don't use alarm panels or so.

I guess it responds to an "alarm frame".  There are a few possible causes. A device can send and alarm frame (e.g. a smoke sensor). A message can get corrupted, because 2 packets collide... Maybe some devices contain bugs, but I do not think I have ever read anything convincing with that respect. An RGBW can have "rogue associations" but that should be fixed (or at least reduced) on the latest firmware (search RGBW phantom for some background). While it is advisable to search the cause, it might prove very difficult to do so. Alarm frames and HC2 alarm panel are completely different things. Alarm frames can be sent by any node.

I'd would "immunize" the device by setting these parameters to 0:

40. Response to General Purpose Alarm

41. Response to Water Flooding Alarm

42. Response to Smoke, CO or CO2 Alarm

43. Response to Temperature Alarm

BTW if the blinking stopped after 10 minutes, it is 99,9% certainly a response to an alarm frame, because that is the default of:

44. Time of alarm state

If it is not "about 1 second on 1 second off" or does not continue for 10 minutes, then it has to be something else... But note: "Alarm state may be cancelled earlier, as a result of pressing the switches or sending the Z-Wave command frame".

I have this issue about 2 times per year. But if it happens, it can trigger the device several times over the course of 1 week.

Sounds plausible?

• Inquirer
  • 27 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

I guess it responds to an "alarm frame".  There are a few possible causes. A device can send and alarm frame (e.g. a smoke sensor). A message can get corrupted, because 2 packets collide... Maybe some devices contain bugs, but I do not think I have ever read anything convincing with that respect. An RGBW can have "rogue associations" but that should be fixed (or at least reduced) on the latest firmware (search RGBW phantom for some background). While it is advisable to search the cause, it might prove very difficult to do so. Alarm frames and HC2 alarm panel are completely different things. Alarm frames can be sent by any node.

I'd would "immunize" the device by setting these parameters to 0:

40. Response to General Purpose Alarm

41. Response to Water Flooding Alarm

42. Response to Smoke, CO or CO2 Alarm

43. Response to Temperature Alarm

BTW if the blinking stopped after 10 minutes, it is 99,9% certainly a response to an alarm frame, because that is the default of:

44. Time of alarm state

If it is not "about 1 second on 1 second off" or does not continue for 10 minutes, then it has to be something else... But note: "Alarm state may be cancelled earlier, as a result of pressing the switches or sending the Z-Wave command frame".

I have this issue about 2 times per year. But if it happens, it can trigger the device several times over the course of 1 week.

Sounds plausible?

Thank you for youre reply,

they were all on and i turned them now all off

let's see what happens

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".