Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Wizard: not going past Step 2

MaxUK

Question

Hi there,

Playing with my HCL and found a few issues already. I'll list the first one here.

Step 1 of the wizard is updating the firmware. Done. Firmware is now 4.140

Step 2 is adding email address and changing the password.

Here, whatever I enter in the 3 fields, when I click on Next, nothing happens. I remain stuck on step 2.

I thought this could be a compatibility issue with the browser, so I tried with different browsers/OS:

Firefox 56.0 on Linux Ubuntu 16.04 - not working

Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 - not working

Is this a known problem? Any workaround?

Cheers,

MaxUK

16 answers to this question

I have followed these instructions. After I set correct date/time manually Wizard started to work. even from Chrome on OSX

Hello Juris.

Thank you for your e-mail.

It looks like there are no communication with server.

In first place I would like you to shut down Wizard.

Please go to “Configuration” panel and then Location tab. Please change “Set Date and Time” for “Manual Settings” and set proper date and time in Set Date and Set Time spaces below. Shortly after please save changes by clicking icon disc located on right hand side toolbar. After this procedure you can change “Set Date and Time” for “Download time from the internet” and save changes once again.

Thank you and have a nice day.

-- 
Pozdrawiam/Regards, 
  • Thanks 1

I have exactly the same problem, I also tried Opera with no success.

There is also a problem with setting the location. When I choose my location and try to proceed by pressing next nothing happens. And since there is no other way to update the coordinates I am stuck here.

It isn’t possible to set the time either. It doesn’t work in automatic or manual mode. The time just goes back to 01-01-1970 all the time.

Hope there is a solution soon.

I have found Internet Explorer to be the most reliable for setup of HCLs. I have had exactly the same issue mentioned but using IE seemed best. Restarting to clear all cache also helps.

Both chrome and firefox have caused me issues.

@T.Konopka 

I am having the same issue on 4.170.

I have tried every browser as well. 

Edited by T.Konopka

@amatt , is the button 'Next' clickable? Meaning that you can click it. Or does the button not react to anything?

Can you add a screen shot showing how the page looks like? You can blur or cover your email address, etc.

HI,

Same problem with a new Home center Lite. I'd received today and when I tried to set-up the email adress in Admin User always send me to Wizard Setup and I cannot click on ADD.... same with Localitation..... 

Version 4.170

I tried to set up with Chrome, Explorer, Edge, Safari and App iphone.......  help please !

UPDATED: I don't know why, but i set the time zone correctly at the web browser on the PC, deleted app Iphone, download again, and now... i can log in.... 

Edited by oscar.odb
change status

@T.Konopka attached is what is happening.

@amatt , I checked it on several gateways and accounts and I couldn't reproduce it either on 4.170 (for HCL and HC2) or 4.180 (for HC2) :(

Is the issue gone now?

The video shows that Wizard somehow is not loaded properly - you should be able to enter your location and map should load from Google.

Did you try the solution that @oscar.odb tried?

On 6/1/2018 at 10:11 PM, oscar.odb said:

UPDATED: I don't know why, but i set the time zone correctly at the web browser on the PC, deleted app Iphone, download again, and now... i can log in.... 

Hi,

I am getting exactly this error - can't login, can't update location etc. Is there a fix?

On 6/5/2018 at 1:13 AM, amatt said:

@T.Konopka attached is what is happening.

Hi
My did the same,-- after which I clicked the icon in the upper right corner.
Then the card appeared and the arrow was placed correctly.
Then I could move on to the wizard. Everything worked OK.

Yes, I still do. Tried all of the suggestions above none of them worked.

On 7/30/2018 at 3:04 PM, T.Konopka said:

Anyone still experiencing the issue with the map? Either in Wizard or Localization tab?

I´m still experiencing this issue in both step 2 of the Wizard and in the location tab through configuration...