Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SOLVED]MS6 Parameter 41 Threshold change in temperature to induce an automatic report.

10der

Question

FIBARO! when you fix this bug!?!

2 years....

Please login or register to see this image.

Edited by 10der
  • Like 1

This parameter is handled as any other parameter and template was prepared with device manual - this issue is related to specific device version and Aeon changed this in the module. 

• Inquirer
  • 5 hours ago, m.roszak said:

This parameter is handled as any other parameter and template was prepared with device manual - this issue is related to specific device version and Aeon changed this in the module. 

• "firmwareUpdate":"{\"info\":\"\",\"progress\":0,\"status\":\"UpToDate\",\"updateVersion\":\"1.7\"}",

no updates!

Firmware update

To ensure optimum performance and improve functionality, update your device to the latest firmware version.

6 minutes ago, 10der said:

• "firmwareUpdate":"{\"info\":\"\",\"progress\":0,\"status\":\"UpToDate\",\"updateVersion\":\"1.7\"}",

no updates!

Firmware update

To ensure optimum performance and improve functionality, update your device to the latest firmware version.

Fibaro does not have Aeon Labs (Aeotec) firmwares to update Aeon Labs device.

I believe that you can update it via Aeon Labs USB dongle. To push OTA updates to Fibaro, you have to ask guys from Aeotec to contact Fibaro about this.

• Inquirer
  • Jakub. sorry. Fibaro said 1.7 firmware

it is too different, as for me...

Please login or register to see this link.

53 minutes ago, 10der said:

Jakub. sorry. Fibaro said 1.7 firmware

it is too different, as for me...

Please login or register to see this link.

Ha! Version numbers can be confusing! Because firmware versions do not read as decimal numbers. There is a dot to separate a major and a minor revision number. Those numbers separate numbers *can* be compared as decimals.

So 1.0.8 should probably be written as 1.8 - this is the latest MS6 firmware. Sometimes it is written as 1.08 but as I said this is not a decimal number. It means: major version 1 and minor version 08 which is the same as major 1 and minor 8.

The version before that is 1.7 or 1.07 (both are the same). Because 7 < 8 this is an older version.

Does this help?

59 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

I believe that you can update it via Aeon Labs USB dongle.

Confirmed.

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • Thank you got it!

>> I believe that you can update it via Aeon Labs USB dongle.

last question: 

so, I should buy Aeon Labs USB dongle what I have updates on AEON devices.

Don't aim too high, Aeotec? :oops:

13 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

@10der even worse. First, buy a dongle and then exclude and include.

Easier to buy a new one

.....oh just read other posts that doesnt help you change your threshold does it :oops:

Edited by Jamie mccrostie

in the meantime Aeotec re-certified their firmware for MS6, the latest EU Version is 1.11, changelog:

1. fix the vibration failure problem in battery power supply mode

2. add value"2" to configuration parameter 0x51(81). When it's set as value "2", the indication light of motion. wakeup notification and other reports will be shut down
    3. modify the data length of configuration parameter 0x29 from 3 to 4
    4. libraries been changed to 6.51.10(0x0454), and use tools from this libraries to proceed compiled files
    5. EU firmware version change to V1.11, US and AU change to V1.10.

i got it already, should get public soon

It looks like the 0x29 default value is now 0x00140100 and not 0x00001401 (for °C EU), so it make sense to disable Template and configure all parameters manually 

On 14.11.2017 at 6:26 PM, 10der said:

Thank you got it!

>> I believe that you can update it via Aeon Labs USB dongle.

last question: 

so, I should buy Aeon Labs USB dongle what I have updates on AEON devices.

Don't aim too high, Aeotec? :oops:

On 14.11.2017 at 6:29 PM, petergebruers said:

@10der even worse. First, buy a dongle and then exclude and include.

Or pray and wait forever for an agreement between Aeon labs/Aeotec and Fibaro for OTA upgrade from HC2...

8 hours ago, 1152 said:

Or pray and wait forever for an agreement between Aeon labs/Aeotec and Fibaro for OTA upgrade from HC2...

for ms6 no big deal to use "tuned" HC2 to run OTA update (with extracted hex from from Aeotec updater), for wallmote it didn't worked, i got timeouts etc., so sometimes it's easier to exclude/update/include 

@tinman I think it is fair to say what is "no big deal" for you are for most of us... I think one of the great things about z-wave is that it is not supposed to be proprietary. So just like I'm able to by an include a z-wave device from an other manufacturer with the Fibaro HC2 - so should the HC2 be able to keep the network and its devices optimized (to include OTA). At the moment the z-wave world is not like that. My belief is that the different manufacturers and the alliance should work to change this. They all would like z-wave to be main stream - so iron out the wrinkles!

BTW Even in an ideal world we need someone that know a little bit more...  

sure, i tried to say "it should be easily possible for Fibaro, as i managed to do it on my own", but i think they focused first on own products, for reason. And yes you right, and yes, z-wave alliance is trying to force manufacturer to work much closer together, but it is still not enough to be satisfied, not as customer not integrator. Now let's hope things will get better, Silabs bought Z-Wave (Sigma Designs) and knowing Silabs I'm sure they will manage to bring Z-wave to next level.

Thanks, I´ll keep faith - but it would be nice to hear Fibaro chime in and say they are on the case - and since it is almost xmas - why not wish they told us this would be part of 4.160...

21 hours ago, tinman said:

Now let's hope things will get better, Silabs bought Z-Wave (Sigma Designs) and knowing Silabs I'm sure they will manage to bring Z-wave to next level.

I've read the press announcement and was somewhat excited too. I do not have a clue how that is going to work, I am only an amateur. But I read they only keep Z-Wave and not the multimedia stuff of Sigma, which sounds like "a plan" :-) As a geek, I am waiting for them to publish the full datasheet of the SOC.

21 hours ago, 1152 said:

So just like I'm able to by an include a z-wave device from an other manufacturer with the Fibaro HC2 - so should the HC2 be able to keep the network and its devices optimized (to include OTA). At the moment the z-wave world is not like that. My belief is that the different manufacturers and the alliance should work to change this.

Do I hear some disappointment? In that case, I'm with you... When I read OTA was mandatory for Z-Wave Plus, I thought we would see easy updates for our modules. And more updates. I'm not complaining about Fibaro! Wall plug, RGBW, Dimmer 2, Motion Sensor, they all got updates. Then Aeon publishes some firmware updates too, so at least we get *something*. I have to admit, I do not own many other brands... How are they doing? I own a Remotec ZRC-90 and I found out on other forums, they do come with different firmware. The device has "contacts for update". But where's the firmware?

Speaking of MS6 although slightly off topic. 

Is it normal on  MS6 inclusion to cause the whole installations fibaro double switch modules and relays (not dimmers) to start flasing?

Once switches  are cycled on and off its back to normal.

Edited by Jamie mccrostie

Maybe during spring ms6 generates an alarm and hc2 sends alarm frame to nodes. In such case relays and switches can flash with a 1 second period. If such theory is valid then you can instrument each switch or relay not to react on alarm frame. This can be done via advanced parameters of each device.

2 hours ago, Piotr Bojko said:

Maybe during spring ms6 generates an alarm and hc2 sends alarm frame to nodes. In such case relays and switches can flash with a 1 second period. If such theory is valid then you can instrument each switch or relay not to react on alarm frame. This can be done via advanced parameters of each device.

Yes i should have followed up on this,.

I didnt  read Ms6 include instructions and was tripple clicking  instead of single clicking to include.

MS6 was including in security mode and then instantly triggering a alarm after being tripped by my movement.

@Piotr Bojkothanks for your return post though.

Hi Tinman, just hi-jacking this thread a bit;

Does this need that Fibaro must update the template for MS6 in order for us to be even able to update the parameters within HC2. Now- I get error message if i try to adjust them. Anything I can do manually, and how?

BR

On 14.12.2017 at 4:23 PM, tinman said:

in the meantime Aeotec re-certified their firmware for MS6, the latest EU Version is 1.11, changelog:

1. fix the vibration failure problem in battery power supply mode

2. add value"2" to configuration parameter 0x51(81). When it's set as value "2", the indication light of motion. wakeup notification and other reports will be shut down
    3. modify the data length of configuration parameter 0x29 from 3 to 4
    4. libraries been changed to 6.51.10(0x0454), and use tools from this libraries to proceed compiled files
    5. EU firmware version change to V1.11, US and AU change to V1.10.

i got it already, should get public soon

It looks like the 0x29 default value is now 0x00140100 and not 0x00001401 (for °C EU), so it make sense to disable Template and configure all parameters manually