Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Can the Fibaro Heat Controllers monitor your solenoid (through a Fibaro Relay Switch)?

Ludoblues

Question

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to monitor a solenoid from the recent Fibaro Heat Controllers.

I am not in a house but in an appartment. The heat system is shared between every appartments, but every one has its own solenoid (monitored from 0 to 1, and 1 to 0, from a thermostat).

I have replaced this thermostat by a switch (it does exactly the same job: Turning the solenoid from 0 to 1 and from 1 to 0).

I could replace this physical switch into a Fibaro Relay Switch, that would be able to turn my solenoid to 0/1 from my smartphone or any physical action, but i would like to know if we can implement a "smart system".

Something fully automated would be as simple as:

• When a Fibaro Heat Controller needs to warm up, it turns the Fibaro Relay Switch (the solenoid) to 1 (if it is not already).
  • When a Fibaro Heat Controller doesn't need to warm up anymore, it checks if other ones are still warming up,
    • If yes, it keeps the Fibaro Relay Switch (the solenoid) on 1,
    • If not, it turns the Fibaro Relay Switch (the solenoid) to 0.

I didn't find any information on the capabilities of the Heat Controllers to implement that behavior.

So, is it possible to configure that from the "Heating Pannel" ? Does it require a custom LUA script ?  Or is it just impossible (for example if the Heat Controllers don't report their state) ?

Thanks !
Edited by Ludoblues

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet