Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

connect an outdoor 50W LED floodlight with PIR sensor to HC2

Roland declerck

The light is normally fully controlled by a PIR sensor.

But i would like to be able to swith the light on in case HC2 recieve an alarm message from my alarm system.

What i have in mind is to power the LED via a module eg FGS213.  Normally the module is activated and the led works as normal eg by sensor.

In case of an alarm i would by mean of a scene deactivate the module and activate immediatly thereafter. By doing this the LED will be switched on for the duration

of the timer.  I have tried this and it works but is this correct/save way?

Any ideas?   Can i use a Fibaro switch for this LED light (i presume this is not a resistive load)?  If not what is a more appropriate module from fibaro or others to use?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this image.

Are you sure that your system works? Not being an expert in PIRs, to me it looks as you only provide power for the PIR when your switch is  on. That way the PIR only works if the fibaro relais is on. As a consequence you cannot turn on the light if you have an alarm as it is already on (or controlled by the PIR).

That be - unless the PIR turns on by default if power has been turned off and then on again. If so, you could make a scene where the alarm is a trigger for turning the PIR off and on again and thus, turning on the light.

Edited by Thomasn

• Topic Author
  • Standard the power is always on and the PIR  will switch on when there is movement and it is dark.

As the alarm goes off it will notify this to the HC2 by means of an UBS.   This alarm notification will trigger an event by which it turn off the LED power and immediatly swith the power back on. This is to make sure the light is switched on in case it is not already on. If the lamp was already on than we would not need to do this but it will not harm as light will only be turned off for a short while. 

As a result the LED light is on for the time of the LED light timer interval.  

This work 

I am more concerned this is not the correct module as LED is not resistive/halogen load as specified in the spec's of this module.

• 3 years later...
    On 12/12/2017 at 4:55 PM, Roland declerck said:

Standard the power is always on and the PIR  will switch on when there is movement and it is dark.

As the alarm goes off it will notify this to the HC2 by means of an UBS.   This alarm notification will trigger an event by which it turn off the LED power and immediatly swith the power back on. This is to make sure the light is switched on in case it is not already on. If the lamp was already on than we would not need to do this but it will not harm as light will only be turned off for a short while. 

As a result the LED light is on for the time of the LED light timer interval.  

This work 

I am more concerned this is not the correct module as LED is not resistive/halogen load as specified in the spec's of this module.

Hi, I know this is an old post, did you use the Fgs213 for the floodlight? 

Did it work as expected or did you experience any welding on the contacts?