Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Google Home Integration - feedback

T.Konopka

Question

Hello!

We are happy to announce that Google Home integration with FIBARO System is available now. You can control your FIBARO system with your voice. Interest in voice integration continues to grow throughout the world. Speak to Google Home and gain control over most of your smart devices and scenes. We will continue to expand the list of supported commands and add support for additional languages in the nearest future.

Most important features:

• Works with Google Home and any other devices compatible with Google Assistant
  • You can communicate with English
  • Requires FibaroID and configured Remote Access
  • FAQ:

Please login or register to see this link.

• Manual:

7 hours ago, matt1981 said:

im using the english language with my google homes, but i would think its "hey google, cerca nuovi dispositivi"

I tried but didn't work.. then I tried in english and it's ok! :)

In italian works fine "accendi/spegni/metti luce blue.. metti al 30%.. metti al massimo.. minimo " for switch, dimmer or rgb but I can't find wich is the correct command for scene activations. I tried also in english but don't work.. :/

On 3-3-2018 at 8:00 PM, tampiss said:

I have moved to SmartThings and wow, I am so impresed with it.. 

I use Smartthings AND Fibaro at the same time. Smartthings I added through Fibaro just as you would add a new device. Fibaro configures the Smartthings hub as a secondary controller and it pulls out all of your Fibaro devices. 

After that I connected the ST hub with Google (in Google home, connect to Smartthings) and it reacts very fast and you use commands like: Hey google, turn off the kitchen Light. When adding new devices, they automatically appear in ST and controllable via Google Home. Works perfect!

8 minutes ago, gandhy77 said:

I use Smartthings AND Fibaro at the same time. Smartthings I added through Fibaro just as you would add a new device. Fibaro configures the Smartthings hub as a secondary controller and it pulls out all of your Fibaro devices. 

After that I connected the ST hub with Google (in Google home, connect to Smartthings) and it reacts very fast and you use commands like: Hey google, turn off the kitchen Light. When adding new devices, they automatically appear in ST and controllable via Google Home. Works perfect!

And needless to say, you can still use your Fibaro interface of course, this is always my primary. Devices are copied to ST.

On 3/30/2018 at 10:35 AM, Robert Folbigg said:

Purchase the Automation Bridge, it works very well. The commands are direct, no “ask Fibaro to turn on the lights” rubbish.

@Robert Folbigg Hi Robert, do you know if there is a maximum number of device limit for the home automation bridge? I am building a two HC2 setup with master-slave config and over 150 Z-wave devices. Thanks!

Hello Everyone!

Have you ever heard about a product that can shut down Google Home from sneaking into your privacy?
Please check the link below:

Edited by Crisanta

On 4/25/2018 at 1:46 PM, gandhy77 said:

And needless to say, you can still use your Fibaro interface of course, this is always my primary. Devices are copied to ST.

How do you add it as a secondary controller

1 hour ago, Nabs said:

How do you add it as a secondary controller

Add a new device (HC will go in learning mode) and then add the Smartthings (in de ST app) to an existing Zwave network. HC2 will do the rest for you.

Regards,

Stefan.

How do you put the SmartThings in add to existing network? I cannot see an option perhaps it’s because I have already setup SmartThings.

If you do this can you add to SmartThings or use google home through st to Fibaro and vice versa?

This is a setting where you must know where it is. Open you ST app on your phone. Click in the left upper corner next to 'Home'.  click on 'hub is online. This will open more settings. There go to Z-wave utilities.

Now put your HC2 in learning mode and add the ST to existing network. It will copy everything from your Fibaro to ST. And yes: you can add ST to Google home after that

Regards!

Stefan.

7 minutes ago, gandhy77 said:

. It will copy everything from your Fibaro to ST

Scenes too?

No, no scenes. It copies all Zwave devices, not other configurations in your HC2.

So... the pulling to devices will be done from both FIbaro and SmartThings hubs?

Guest Sander
On 4/24/2018 at 9:46 PM, lukaszzyla said:

BUMP!

I would still like to hear an answer from Fibaro team regarding the Google Home real integration roadmap.

@T.Konopka?

@Fibaro come on Guys don’t ignore the hard, fair and good questions! Any update on a real google home integration?

Actually i "wrap" the http protocol of HC2 by using Stunnel in my pfSense home firewall so i have an https interface to HC2 and i'm using IFTTT and Webhooks to connect HC2 to Google assistant. It's very simple.

Since Google has announced That Google Home will speak more languages (incl Polish and Norwegian) i would like to ask if Fibaro will manage to integrate HC2 and HCL in such easy way as IKEA Trådfri gateway is integrated. Please look at video i just created to demonstrate how it works with Ikea. 

Any chance to have similar integration with Fibaro?

My opinion is that using extra phrase "talk to fibaro" can make that users will start to change their HC's to other producers gateways (less $$ for Fibaro) 

I love my hcl and Hc2 and i hope Fibaro creators will do their best for easiest possible integration of Google Home with Fibaro. 

Hello friends,

I have been asking fibaro team for real google home integration for weeks but They didn't even care to answer.

So i decided to setup an OpenHAB on my QNAP NAS and use it as a google home gateway.

I have even found github project for this very bridge and convinced author to help me.

but I faced a problem that is caused by fibaroID username syntax (email address).

Is there any chance to go back to old admin username?
is there any chance to have a local admin username that is not based on email address?  admin would be perfect.

Can this be done? Can someone help me on that?

If someone is interested in the project it is here:

But Author has not migrated to fibaro id yet and he is using 'admin' username.

When I try to configure the binding with fibaroID (email) the gateway cannot be contacted.

I suspect, that is the case as I have checked almost everyting else ;-)

@

thank you for the information, this is a very useful module

Judging by the information, this module uses fibaro API.
In order for this to work, you can create an additional Fibaro user (example: user: openhub, password: openhub) and give him access to the required devices.
And then in the binding you can roll out the user: openhub, password: openhub

Edited by khaki

@khakiThis module does use fibaro API.

And... you are absolutely right.

I just checked and I do get access to /api/devices using my normal user!!!

But that does not solve the problem.

Maybe it is a bug in compilation but I would appreciate if anyone running OpenHAB checked that on their system.

For interested:

This is the link to the project.

In README below the files you can find LUA scene that must be running on HC2 for it to provide information on changing states of devices/scenes.

It also includes configuration instructions.

Edited by lukaszzyla