Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Upgrade to HC2 or wait for HC3 or HCL2

abpostelnicu

Hello all,

I'm just wanting to poke for an advise. Currently I'm having a HCL and I don't know if I should wait for the HC3 or HCL2 or just buy a HC2?

Many thank!

28 minutes ago, abpostelnicu said:

Thank you, how much faster is hc2?

Please login or register to see this link.

• Topic Author
  • 21 hours ago, akatar said:

Please login or register to see this link.

Thanks for this but from general use how much faster or responsive is it?

18 hours ago, abpostelnicu said:

Thanks for this but from general use how much faster or responsive is it?

Maybe tell us what speed issue you have right now. More RAM and a faster CPU do not help if your slowness is caused by Z-Wave.

I'm telling this because other users might not be aware you posted another topic, asking if you should buy a special antenna. In that topic, you also did not explain your real problem but said it was "a range problem". I answered in general... In this topic you seem to suggest it is "a hcl performance issue". Both issues are possible, of course.

Your problem might be something like this, for example:

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • 22 hours ago, petergebruers said:

Maybe tell us what speed issue you have right now. More RAM and a faster CPU do not help if your slowness is caused by Z-Wave.

I'm telling this because other users might not be aware you posted another topic, asking if you should buy a special antenna. In that topic, you also did not explain your real problem but said it was "a range problem". I answered in general... In this topic you seem to suggest it is "a hcl performance issue". Both issues are possible, of course.

Your problem might be something like this, for example:

My main problem is not related with how quick the network reacts to commands, I consider the speed to be decent but the way how I can program different things and also HCL is somehow un-stanble and from the reaction speed to evaluate scenes is somewhat slow. 

One more example would be that i cannot build logic blocks like:

if (...) {

return...

}

I'm a software engineer and for me this kind of logic is crucial.

I think Fibaro's issues are all on the software side. Unclear company strategy. Not clear who is the target customer. All this results in lack of focus for development resources.  This also prevents Fibaro from making clear decisions on what to in/out source... where to compete and where to partner. It leads to things like Lilly and things like no IFTTT support and no Nest plugin. 

• Topic Author
  • 5 minutes ago, Ros said:

I think Fibaro's issues are all on the software side. Unclear company strategy. Not clear who is the target customer. All this results in lack of focus for development resources.  This also prevents Fibaro from making clear decisions on what to in/out source... where to compete and where to partner. It leads to things like Lilly and things like no IFTTT support and no Nest plugin. 

Totally agree with you, take my case for example. Yesterday I've bought a HC2 at a very good price 300eurs. But when I've started it I've confronted with the issue on how to move my z-wave configuration from HCL to my new unit.

ive also posted this thread: 

whats more shocking is the fibaro doesn't have a migration tool nor its documentation describes how to do a migration z-wave mesh.