Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Migrate from HCL to HC2

abpostelnicu

Question

Hello all,

I've just bought a new HC2 and i want to migrate my existing configuration from my HCL to the new unit. How can i do this, I've tried the fibaro documentation but it's a little scares and doesn't quite explain the process. Ideally it would be nice to migrate partitions, rooms, devices an scenes, but in the first place it would be nice to only migrate z-wave devices.

Thank you!

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Beste

Please login or register to see this link.

, Unfortunately Fibaro doesn't have a migration tool (unless something has changed recently and which they didn't communicated) and I had the same question when I migrated from a HCL to a HC2 device. I had to reconnect every device again manually one by one which is pain in the ..... especially devices which has been build in. Cost me al lot of time but the effort was rewarding since HC2 is a much better device. Maybe other have other suggestions/ideas! 

• Inquirer
  • 15 minutes ago, HKrook said:

Beste

Please login or register to see this link.

, Unfortunately Fibaro doesn't have a migration tool (unless something has changed recently and which they didn't communicated) and I had the same question when I migrated from a HCL to a HC2 device. I had to reconnect every device again manually one by one which is pain in the ..... especially devices which has been build in. Cost me al lot of time but the effort was rewarding since HC2 is a much better device. Maybe other have other suggestions/ideas! 

Thanks for the reply, i hoped this is not the case though. But I'm still wondering why are these options in the z-wave submenu?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I do not use these options since I only migrated from HCL to HC2 and so far as I know these functions are used when you have more than one Fibaro controller but has (as I understood) nothing to do with migrating devices from one to an other device just master and slave but maybe I am mistaken. I didn't use those function when migrating since they didn't work!