Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Device Grouping

D4RK1

Question

Hi,

I would like to group a fibaro rgbw controller with a switch connected to a double switch 2. When I look into the basic settings of the switch I do not see the rgbw controller available for grouping. Grouping other devices works fine, even another rgbw controller.

The rgbw controller in question is already grouped with another switch, connected to another fibaro double switch, I guess that is the problem.

How can I control the same device from two switches?

Cheers, Jens

3 answers to this question

Hi,
i need to reopen this topic again.

In my understanding a associations or grouping of devices will be something different.
A grouping functionallity within the homecenter is still missing. It is required to solve this gap via external appliances.

Personally I prefer to maintain only one "central system" and controlling my house.

To turn something on/off via script or scene will be no challenge, but to control light-groups or rollershutter-groups will be

caused by the diming functionality.

Ok, you can create Alexa Groups for audio control as example or use external bridge devices to merge multiple devices,

but i did not found any feasable homecenter internal solution.

Shouldn't it be a simple feature to link devices, as it is already offered for air conditioning, heating, video?

*** Device Groups are possible already in HC3 (same type creates a new linked device) ***

Edited by moltos
HC3 Migration

• Inquirer
  • I have found a way to group all the switches with the device, but it isn´t working. If I go into the devicesettings (general) of the RGBW controller, I can group all the switches with it. But then none of the switches turns on the rgbw light.

If I select one of the switches and group it with the rgbw, it works. I´ve also tried grouping that switch with the rgbw and the other switches but still only that original switch controls the rgbw.

Is there a better way to do it? I guess LUA is always an option. Does anyone have a working script with some explanations on how to adapt it to my system?

Hopefully, Jens

An option is to use associations.  Read about How-to here: 

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by Thomasn