Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

RGBW Controller - showing 100% but being lower

D4RK1

Question

Hi,

I have a lamp in my dining room which is controlled via fibaro rgbw controller. I am using the second switch (s2) on a fibaro double switch to control it. The 12V power supply I use is making noises when not at 100%, I already ordered another but the noise has made it possible to detect the problem.

I guess I haven´t set the proper settings because I would like to control the rgbw with a single switch (On/Off would be ok, Dimming would be great, Controlling Colors is not necessary via wall switch). On/off works fine mostly but when I try to dim the light (holding the switch), it seems to be working but not in a way that is helpful. It only dims down, double clicking doesn´t set it back to 100%. So far I have been setting it back to 100 via the App and just turning it on and off. But I have a wife and two kids and sooner or later one of them will push the switch too long and accidentally change the dim level.

I have tried around with the parameter settings, but I can´t get it to work the way I want it to.

Another thing is, when changing the dim level via wall switch it doesn´t seem to affect the settings in the HC2, it is still showing a 100% even though the lamp is visibly not at maximum (and making noises). When I use the sliders in the HC2 or App and slide them to say 50% and back to 100% the lamp goes back to maximum.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

4 answers to this question

Hi
Have something similar.
I do not know if I really understand you :), but it sounds like you're dimming the 12V power supply.

You need to mount RGBW to get 12 volts from the 12V power supply and pass it on to your lamps.

• Inquirer
  • Hi hTiger1,

no I am "telling" the RGBW Controller to dim the lights. There is no physical connection between the Wallswitch and the powercircuit the lamp is on. The 12V Power supply is on 220V continuously. As is the RGBW controller (on 12V of course).

But thx for trying to help =)

35 minutes ago, D4RK1 said:

Hi hTiger1,

no I am "telling" the RGBW Controller to dim the lights. There is no physical connection between the Wallswitch and the powercircuit the lamp is on. The 12V Power supply is on 220V continuously. As is the RGBW controller (on 12V of course).

But thx for trying to help =)

Ive had issues with associations between dimmers and RGB you could try device grouping between that switch and the RGB it works good with s2 of a dimmer but i havnt tried s2 of a switch

Edited by Jamie mccrostie

• Inquirer
  • Hi Jamie,

device grouping is what I tried at first. I think the problems were the same. Then I wrote a simple scene, which is what I am using right now. So no associations so far.  I thought using a scene would restrict the communication between the switch and the rgbw to "on" and "off" and get rid of the "accidental dimming". Seems I thought wrong. I mean if it were working I´d be thrilled that controlling the dimming and whatnot is possible, but since it is not working properly....

What I am thinking is that I maybe am using the wrong parameters on either the double switch or the rgbw? I recently (today) used "reconfigure device" on both the double switch and the rgbw. So they should be back to default settings.

Any ideas in that direction?

Edited by D4RK1