Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dimmer 2 unresponsive

kennybroh

Question

I installed a Dimmer 2 in a 2-wire location, to control some overhead LEDs.  I am reasonably certain I wired it correctly, L is hooked to the line, and the lead at the other end to the load.  i tried using several different switches, but all had the same result:  the lights could not be turned off with the switch, the LED on the Dimmer 2 is solid green, and does not change when I press and hold the B key, and I cannot include the device into my system.

I am not using a bypass.  Would all of those symptoms reflect the need for a bypass, a defective Dimmer 2, or something else?  I previously had a two-wire X-10 switch in that box which worked fine, but it will not support leds.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

5 answers to this question

On 2/12/2018 at 7:55 PM, kennybroh said:

I installed a Dimmer 2 in a 2-wire location, to control some overhead LEDs.  I am reasonably certain I wired it correctly, L is hooked to the line, and the lead at the other end to the load.  i tried using several different switches, but all had the same result:  the lights could not be turned off with the switch, the LED on the Dimmer 2 is solid green, and does not change when I press and hold the B key, and I cannot include the device into my system.

I am not using a bypass.  Would all of those symptoms reflect the need for a bypass, a defective Dimmer 2, or something else?  I previously had a two-wire X-10 switch in that box which worked fine, but it will not support leds.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I have a similar problem, I can’t get the dimmer into learning mode to add it to the system seems unresponsive. On another room I can get it into learning mode but stays there without adding till such time I have to click the cancel button after 5/6 minutes. 

@kennybroh  I saw you posted this 9 days ago... I suppose you solved the issue?

@Gareth Sheriff Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you have problems. Can I kindly ask you to read the forum rules and follow them the next time? In particular a) use "search" to find similar problems and if you still do not find an answer start a new topic. b) Please do not hijack another topic. This topic is not about inclusion, the topic starter was able to include his device! c) Do not double post... Because then your "story line" gets split into 2 and it confuses people and maybe you get an answer faster - but not necessarily a better one! You already started a topic 13 hours ago:

• Inquirer
  • No, I have not.  I was getting a little discouraged.

And by the way, I could not include my device either.  I said that in my original post.

Edited by kennybroh