Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Door/Window sensor plastic cap problem

anthonyrc

Question

I have attempted to contact support directly on this subject, but without a satisfactory answer. 

I have a Fibaro system with over 40 door/window sensors, plus countless other fibaro devices. Total cost of this system is significant. 

As with many other fibaro users, I have the problem where the plastic caps for the magnet and door/window sensors do not stay attached after many months of use. In locations where there are wild temperature swings (conservatory doors for example) the problem is worse, but even for normal indoor use they eventually pop off and get eaten by the vacuum cleaner. 

If these were $10 devices I wouldn't mind, they are disposable, but they are not, the cost of these sensors is significant, and the design of the plastic tooling is seriously flawed. 

What I would like to see from Fibaro is the ability to purchase replacement caps for a reasonable cost, or better still a way to return these sensors with missing caps and have them replaced. 

Any other users with the same problem? Anyone managed to get caps replaced?

Edited by anthonyrc

2 answers to this question

Hi
I have the same issues as you.

Have not lost covers.

These are the small hooks on the body which are too weak.

At one end I have put a piece of o-ring, and at the other end where there is a temp. sensor, a small piece of corrugated cardboard.

Of course, that would not be necessary, for that price.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_02/IMG_20180224_173435.jpg.beb4c4d312972e1cb247c6883942bccc.jpg" alt="IMG_20180224_173435.jpg.beb4c4d312972e1cb247c6883942bccc.jpg" />   IMG_20180224_173839.jpg.fcda371249fa9e0cfd34db2eec299341.jpg

• Like 1

My solution for this issue is simpler. Just buy some electrical insulation tape matching the colour of the sensor and out it on the side. What I like about this solution is that is not only holds the cap when closing it but also while it is open. That makes battery replacement a lot easier.