Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Preparing a senior design project on home automation

Ella

Me and my friend are preparing a senior design project on home automation. I have several things in my mind such as controlling drapes, lights, fans with an IOS application.

We started everything from scratch and came up with a great NTC controlled fan and etched it on a PCB as follows (I can't post more than 2 images unfortunately)

Please login or register to see this attachment.

However, here's our bottleneck . Although this circuit works perfectly fine and dandy, this is kind of not we want. We want a user to control the fan, which made us realized this circuit is a total waste because it is independent of the user, turns up the fan when the temperature goes high not when the user wants it to turn up. What we really want to implement is using something that can be controlled with a phone and works as a switch.

How do you think we can do this? We have this in mind :

Please login or register to see this attachment.

We are writing an IOS app with Xcode and we use ESP8266 Wifi module found from

Please login or register to see this link.

to bridge our phone to a web server which makes the connection between the phone and system. Do you think we can go from here? If so, what should we do to make this system work ?