Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Push Notification to mobile

David Goh

Question

Hi Administrator,

For past months, my family were able to receive notification on our mobile phones for scenes I created like door breached, fan power off, heater off & etc. Nothing was performed or changed but all of a sudden these notifications are not working anymore.

I had tried delete & recreate the scenes, had tried uninstall & reinstall the app on all mobiles but none works . It only works if I manually click on Run button to test.

Please kindly advise.

• Inquirer
  • As of post timing,

"samsung SM-G950F"[47fb263d-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx]

"samsung SM-G925I" [e2365ef9-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx]

samsung SM-G920I [bdc3f9ca-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx]

And past few days, my kid opened the door to go school & none of us received the main door breached notification.

An hour or 2 later when it is time to go work, I opened the door. We received the main door breached notification. And subsequent main door breached notification no issue.

It seems like issue always on first breach. Something is not right at Fibaro backend. I stressed again on it was working perfectly fine & I did not make any changes at all.

The geofencing is also failing. When I'm 800m near my Home, my heater will auto turn on. All these issues were no issue at all before.

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Hi Admin,

In the Configuration > Access Control > Mobile Devices list, I noticed some mobile devices are with quotes ".......". I being the admin holding a Samsung S8, it doesn't have the quotes. I have the latest Fibaro app on it.

Can you post the screen shot from the Mobile Devices list?

Also, can you post screen shots of scenes you created?

Did you try to simply reboot the gateway?

Also .. and I think I'm right in saying, if the app is running you don't get the push showing, unless you manually run it .. at least that is how it works for me .. try running the scene from browser with no app running on the phone.

Cheers,

al.

• Inquirer
  • Hi T.Konopka,

What's the meaning of the devices in mobile devices list being quoted? I noticed sometimes they are not quoted. Rebooted a few times.

"samsung SM-G950F"[47fb263d-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx]

"samsung SM-G920I" [bdc3f9ca-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx]

Doc1.docx

Please login or register to see this attachment.

After post, I reboot it.

samsung SM-G950F[47fb263d-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx]

"samsung SM-G920I" [bdc3f9ca-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx]

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I also have a problem with the push notification.

HC2 at 4.160, HCL at 4.160 IOS and Android apps are the latest.

Don't get the messages, if i configure the device in Advanced tab, Notify me section, to send Push messages. From Lua script, or block scene can send a push notification.

In Mobile devices list i see duplicate devices (without quotes) with different hex id. I tried to delete both them, but created again the duplicate devices.

Previous versions (before 4.160) worked well, and there  where no duplicated devices.

• Inquirer
  • :( natural death... X filed

One day works few days don't. Some time works some time don't. Don't know which day & when will work. Paranoid.

Hi
    Usually push seems fine, but sometimes my wife gets a message and I do not get it, and vice versa.

Since using the app Pushover and intergrating into fibaro (explained in Pushover documentation). Push messages work perfectly everytime :)

• Inquirer
  • On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:35 AM, David Goh said:

Hi Guys,

May I know where can I get the old update like 4.140?

Got it & upgraded. Hopefully can resolve the notification & geofencing intermittent issues

@David Goh

How did  you do it? You have access to HC2 command line interface? 

• Inquirer
  • On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:58 AM, kjt said:

@David Goh

How did  you do it? You have access to HC2 command line interface? 

Please login or register to see this code.

I'm using HCL not HC2

Replacing the XXX with whichever version numbers

And I must say that 4.140 is making everything working again. Of course there's an automated nightly restart via VD to keep it stable. Cheers.

And also I noticed that those devices must not be quoted.

Edited by David Goh

@David Goh: Can you provide me a step by step guide, how to downgrade your HCL? Ok, you download patch, and? How do you implement it? 

• Inquirer
  • On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:53 AM, kjt said:

@David Goh: Can you provide me a step by step guide, how to downgrade your HCL? Ok, you download patch, and? How do you implement it? 

Before you proceed, please perform a backup

1. Download that version of firmware you wanted via that posted link to maybe your desktop

2. Restart the HCL into Recovery mode

a. unplug the power

b. press & hold both power & + buttons while reconnecting the power (release both power & + buttons within 10 secs)

3. Access the HCL via your original assigned IP through a browser (You should see a different GUI - Recovery mode)

4. Look for Repair from file & click on Choose then browse to that downloaded firmware on your desktop

5. Repair

Note: I performed an upgrade not a downgrade so the higher firmware may have features that the lower firmware does not have & that may affect some of your scenes.

• Inquirer
  • On ‎14‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:21 AM, kjt said:

Thx David!

No worries. Just contribute like the rest. Hope you have a successful process.

Hi - can an administrator comment on this thread please? I am having exactly the same issues as David with HCL.  IOS phones seem fine and are receiving notifications, but Android is not getting any push notifications. My building manager uses Android. As I am away from home for work a lot it is a concern that push notifications are not working for things like sensor breaches and things.

i don’t want to follow the downgrade path if I can help it. Surely there needs to be a patch?

thanks

Charlotte

I have the same issue: push messages are not sent in a reliable way anymore!!! This has happened as of sudden!

Same issue, email notification worked ok until i left for vacancy. Returned yesterday and it is no longer working for 99% of the time!

Any idea what is causing this?

Tried various things but not succesfull.  

version 4.18 since a couple of weeks.