Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Can't connect to HC2

TomC

Question

Hi All,

I've just got my HC2 out after it's been sitting in a box after moving about 6 months ago to start putting into new house and I can't connect to it any more. I can get into recovery mode and have successfully restored it around 3 times now. It then says that it is restarting and the lights start to flash across the front but when I put in the IP address to try and connect after that it won't do anything. Pinging that IP address gets no reply and the Fibaro finder tool can't find anything. When I power it down and go into recovery mode again Fibaro finder finds it and it can be pinged. IP address has stayed the same and I have it plugged directly into my laptop with a static IP set on my laptop to connect to it.

Has anyone else run into this problem before?

Thanks, Tom

1 answer to this question

8 minutes ago, TomC said:

Hi All,

I've just got my HC2 out after it's been sitting in a box after moving about 6 months ago to start putting into new house and I can't connect to it any more. I can get into recovery mode and have successfully restored it around 3 times now. It then says that it is restarting and the lights start to flash across the front but when I put in the IP address to try and connect after that it won't do anything. Pinging that IP address gets no reply and the Fibaro finder tool can't find anything. When I power it down and go into recovery mode again Fibaro finder finds it and it can be pinged. IP address has stayed the same and I have it plugged directly into my laptop with a static IP set on my laptop to connect to it.

Has anyone else run into this problem before?

Thanks, Tom

Try downloading ’ Fing ‘ from app store on your phone. Its a free networking app and will find every ip address in your network.

Remember HC2’s ip address may have changed since last used it especially after being through a recovery

Edited by Jamie mccrostie