Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Homebridge + Fibaro Homekit App

Sjekke

Question

Anyone using Homebridge (Synology, RPI, ...) with Fibaro HC2 in combination with the Homekit App or Fibaro App for homekit? 

• Is it working properly?
  • If yes, do you see every device? 

I don’t like the current app nor for the Ipad nor for the Iphone.

Dislike

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_03/43F21DF5-2485-465A-B9EF-43450D20670A.png.b850fb7d65dde204e4df24e970f5bda6.png" alt="43F21DF5-2485-465A-B9EF-43450D20670A.png.b850fb7d65dde204e4df24e970f5bda6.png" />

6355EA22-5D24-4B87-8E59-C118E9313D45.png.caaa87d2965b742751fde9f8e9b5a18b.png

5 answers to this question

I do use the bridge...but once I get past 60 devices it goes a little crazy...be careful.

• Inquirer
  • Hi @darren-mc, thx for your feedback.

• 60 devices or id’s? 
    • are you using HomeKit client or Fibaro HomeKit client?

So I have nearly 200 devices in Fibaro HC2...so what I do is create a new user account and down selection to devices I need in that HomeKit space. I tend to use a couple of apps. 1) HomeKit as that seems to have access to all the location logic and simple scenarios 2) Eve App for more complex logic...but you have to careful with that as you can create logic which will only run on the phone (not remotely on Apple TV if you are away). 3) fibaro app for everything else. 

Edited by darren-mc

I have another question; I am considering getting the Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 to control my exterior window blinds. Since this unit is not HomeKit compatible, I was hoping the Homebridge plugin for Fibaro will work with it. I saw an old post from 2016 that Roller Shutter support was buggy, has this improved?

I love it so much If it is useful and knowledgeable, then this is my first place to come.