Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro APP design

Viljam

Question

Hi,

does any one knows when Fibaro re-design their very UGLY app ? Its like 5-6 years they use same layout and design which from product and UX design is very poor compared with whats out today from other companies. Personally i like the system but the UX and design is soo bad that i dont want to put such app on the wall at home :D  

Thanks

V

• Like 1

ha - ha...

You ask very hard questions ;) Get used to that, Sir.

I have mounted ipad (first gen wifi) on the wall with this ugly UI. In some ways,  I am still is :)

• Inquirer
  • Its not hard question :) Seems Fibaro is out of the game soon as there are many other options now. Homey look really nice and i maybe consider to switch to that. In general any product development company will do re-design over few years if Fibaro even wont plan its really strange... I hope there is some light in this direction at least. 

Don't put too much on " Fibaro is out of the game soon " Some users who know us they know that when is quiet then we are working on something

We all working on something every day.

But if we look, for example, back from today in to last two years, what is done in those two years.

Who can say, what are improvements for next two years?
     Improvements, that makes a difference.

+ are addressed and not fixed issues  + long awaited templates for devices (Aeoteg Gen6 Dimmer for example)

Now with last two stable firmwares my system is became very unstable( I am not alone with this problem)
    ( I ordered My HCL 4. years ago in april, so, at very early release)
    So, what can I say about last four years. Is My home now smart, and all advertised functions work..

I am a little sarcastic, so, excuse me

1 hour ago, A.Socha said:

Don't put too much on " Fibaro is out of the game soon " Some users who know us they know that when is quiet then we are working on something

You are saying 2 things:

1. Fibaro is out of the game soon!

2. Fibaro is working on something when it is quiet!

What is it now?

22 minutes ago, samuel said:

You are saying 2 things:

1. Fibaro is out of the game soon!

2. Fibaro is working on something when it is quiet!

What is it now?

Fibaro is out of the game, working on something quietly.... ;D

Im sure the wait will be worth it guys.

Publishing planned features would be doing a disservice to everyone.

What are they meant to be? A hard and fast promise about what Fibaro will deliver by when? Good luck with that… that’s a disaster of expectation-setting waiting to happen.

Fibaro are  well aware of their dated app and as a loyal customer, I am confident that what they are working on will be first class.

Lets wait and see... :?:

Edited by Robert Folbigg
    • Like 1

2 hours ago, A.Socha said:

In this time of Digital, Fibaro is certainly not the fastest one in renewal ...

You say you are working on something ... on what? And when? It's like saying "tomorrow maybe the sun will shine, maybe there are some clouds and maybe some rain" ...

Facts please.

@sjekke I can't say what and when (I know, but can't say more) but I can promise that you will be happy.

Yes it is :)

Dear Mr.  @A.Socha

I hope that existing versions of apps will still be available (for some time) after a possible launch of something new in the future.

(A few of my customers are not always happy about changes, once they've learned to use the one they're using today.

Changes sometime require some time to get used to ;-)  )

Edited by RobertL

Also, you should follow UX trends. Take a look at this article about 

Please login or register to see this link.

. There're some new interesting trends

@A.Socha Can you share a bit more on this topic? What are you doing? What is the timeline? Why don't you include users in the process (or do you?) Getting feedback and input from users is crucial in a UX design process (speaking from experience in the SW development industry). Don't keep us in the dark!

Edited by Herms

@A.Socha Any update on the new app design would be highly appreciated as we all look forward for a change!!

Hi Fibaro team! In Norway we are also whaiting for the new Fibaro smartphone/tablet UI. A company called Future Home is one popular competitor of you here. Their UI is updated every year, and look fresh and is werry user friendly. Would be nice with something smilar on my HC2. Hope you soon can update us with timeline on the new UI.

Best regards Jon Arne

2 hours ago, jon arne ask said:

In Norway we are also whaiting for the new Fibaro smartphone/tablet UI.

there will be 'some day' new app, and 'it will have nice new look'

2 hours ago, jon arne ask said:

A company called Future Home is one popular competitor of you here. Their UI is updated every year, and look fresh and is werry user friendly.

i think Fibaro is more focused on the system itself, instead of producing - like lot of companies - only nice app. 
    Future Home supported z-wave products -> 

- yes, 23 only, or 16 without Fibaro products

Fibaro Supported Products (these with templates only, i do not count these where no templates necessary, for fair compare) -> 348 plus all Fibaro products

as you can see, sometimes it's better to focus on system itself 

• Like 1

Oh and, while redesigning, do not forget about the iphone XR/XS.... I have a lot of space left now on these devices which I cannot use....

@A.Socha , maybe ever thought about letting another company design the app/UX so you can focus on other important things ?

38 minutes ago, tinman said:

I think Fibaro is more focused on the system itself, instead of producing - like lot of companies - only nice app. 
    Future Home supported z-wave products -> 

- yes, 23 only, or 16 without Fibaro products

Fibaro Supported Products (these with templates only, i do not count these where no templates necessary, for fair compare) -> 348 plus all Fibaro products

@tinman

As an technician I fully agree with you.

But!! My wife and kids are no technician's and they want a simple to understand, easy to use, and of course a nice looking interface.

In fact its the opposite, the GUI is for like 90% responsible for a successful adoption for the family.

They don't see the modules, the HC2, LUA code. The GUI is the automation system for them.

Theme's would be great to implement, so everyone can choose their own GUI theme.

And by using theme's its more easy to update a GUI to a more modern look without the need to change the whole backend.

The current app, both tablet and phone are to complex with to much sections to find the icon's they need.

In the current situation it would a improvement already if we could hide stuff/sections we don't use.

Also it would be nice to be able to mix scenes and devices in one view so there are not two places to search.

For me, I love the theme of the new Google Home App interface, its clean and modern, and for example changing the temperature with the round slider, its just brilliant because of how easy it is.

Without explaining it to the family everyone know by intuition how to use it.

I have the same issue, Ipad recessed in the wall.
    I'm considering to try this:

just to be able to have the Google Home or Apple HomeKit GUI on this screen.