Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro APP design

Viljam

Question

Hi,

does any one knows when Fibaro re-design their very UGLY app ? Its like 5-6 years they use same layout and design which from product and UX design is very poor compared with whats out today from other companies. Personally i like the system but the UX and design is soo bad that i dont want to put such app on the wall at home :D  

Thanks

V

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 9:04 AM, Soft said:

I have the same issue, Ipad recessed in the wall.
I'm considering to try this:

Please login or register to see this link.

just to be able to have the Google Home or Apple HomeKit GUI on this screen.

You can have this for free in Apple HomeKit by installing HomeBridge and the Fibaro HC2 plugin (

) on a server or Raspberry Pi.

I have this running and only using HomeKit now as GUI and Siri for Voice.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Joep
Added screenshot

@Joep , Have you tried Imperihome or "the home remote" ? I have the first one running and works pretty well and looks good.. (second one is also brilliant but steeper learning curve)

@A.Socha , So , you replied in this topic in early April that "Something" will come up..... We are now alomst at the end of the year and we have seen..... rapapapa..... nothing !!!
Very good ! this is how you get users happy, not telling them what  you are working on, not showing anything, not involving the user community (like uservoice or something) not sharing any timeline and not delivering anything !

That's just a big laugh... you cannot do that to your user man... start being agile, change to modern, talk and look at how other companies like spotify and Homey for example work, start working in sprints and communicate !!!

You cannot do this today and I think you should change this in general within the company... If you cannot do this as Fibaro, hire someone who can..... 

I don't think Fibaro will ever be able to catch up on the interface. They will get commoditized and their interface/app will mostly be used for setup.

90% of user interactions will be with voice assistants or devices like Amazon Echo Show or Google Home Hub. HC2 will mostly be used as a back-end.

If I was running the development pipeline at Fibaro, I would consider not investing in the app and interface in any major way, and instead focus great compatibility with major ecosystems (Amazon/Google/Siri/Bixby).

@Ros , that would also be a very good option but.... lot's of work to do then...  for Instance, the reason I'm not using the apple homekit interface at the moment is the lack of supported devices (especially virtual devices)

20 minutes ago, Vinisz said:

@Ros , that would also be a very good option but.... lot's of work to do then...  for Instance, the reason I'm not using the apple homekit interface at the moment is the lack of supported devices (especially virtual devices)

If your virtual device is an on/off switch you can use a Global Variable to trigger it and setup up a switch for it in the HomeBridge Fibaro plug-in. It shows in HomeKit as an ordinary switch. I flip my stereo on/off like this.

2 hours ago, Vinisz said:

@Joep , Have you tried Imperihome or "the home remote" ? I have the first one running and works pretty well and looks good.. (second one is also brilliant but steeper learning curve)

I looked at ImperiHome and The Home Remote, but I want easy integration with my phone and HomeKit does this. Fibaro scenes are cool, but for light switching I programmed them in HomeKit and removed all light switch scenes from the Fibaro. My HomeCenter is mostly a gateway now and operates Fibaro stuff (lights, motion, lux events). HomeKit is my scene and device on/off control and Node-Red does all the inter-device magic (if not home, start vacuum clearer stuff). This makes the system stable, because Fibaro's Lua is cool, but not very reliable with http api calls. But this is an other topic.

2 hours ago, Joep said:

If your virtual device is an on/off switch you can use a Global Variable to trigger it and setup up a switch for it in the HomeBridge Fibaro plug-in. It shows in HomeKit as an ordinary switch. I flip my stereo on/off like this.

Yeah I wish it was that simple.... I have virtual devices which contain a lot of buttons, like for heating control and Irrigation... That just won't work that easy....

Another nice interface I can recommend if you use Homekit or have Homebridge running is Eve. It's a free app, see 

3 hours ago, ReneNL said:

Another nice interface I can recommend if you use Homekit or have Homebridge running is Eve. It's a free app, see 

Hmm, looks cool @ReneNL , let me have a look at it...

CES 2019 - Software and Mobile Apps - Fibaro App ;) I´m a fine tester - please ;) 

Edited by Macschimmi

3 minutes ago, Macschimmi said:

CES 2019 - Software and Mobile Apps - Fibaro App ;) I´m a fine tester - please ;) 

Thats fine, still using the same lod icons, but aside from that, why do we have to get this as a screenshot, without any relevant information?. Why do we look for alternatives, and why does Fibaro not try to keep us on this platform by "selling" this stuff on this forum. We all know it takes time, but please keep us, your dedicated users in the loop!, dang Fibaro needs a marketing team, and not just some fanzy graphic artists.!

Ok, this is a suprise.... what am I looking at here ? Is this a beta ? Can we test it ? (Via testflight ) Is it from fibaro ? When will it be released ?

I suspect that Fibaro submitted it at CES 2019 and would like to receive a design award - it would be better to submit it to the customer in order to keep it in good spirits so that the products can continue to be bought by us

On 11/23/2018 at 8:54 PM, Joep said:

How do you manage virtual devices with multiple buttons ?
That's about the only thing holding me back.....

You can have this for free in Apple HomeKit by installing HomeBridge and the Fibaro HC2 plugin (

) on a server or Raspberry Pi.

I have this running and only using HomeKit now as GUI and Siri for Voice.

15 hours ago, Vinisz said:

How do you manage virtual devices with multiple buttons ?
That's about the only thing holding me back.....

Virtual Devices are not supported. You can create virtual switches via global variables.

I don't use virtual devices with buttons at the moment, for me it's no problem.

Thank you for the information. if you want app development services, Contact

is the

Fibaro app is good on itself just that it is a bit messy in my opinion. It could be more sortet out and get a redesign.

I wished they woult offer a new app by listening to user.

I would even pay a small amount for get a redesignd app.

Would be even nice if Fibaro could do a funcion where user could choose design of the app and wich elements should be shown.

All other smarthome systems got frequently a updated and new app.

Hope Fibaro team is following this thread and take the advices.

Until then does anybody know a replacment for fibaro app?

Having had my Home Centre 2 for just over 5 years now, i am too, disappointed at the lack of support and development y the team at Fibaro. The current app is clunky and has not seen any changes in the past 5 years i've been using it...

On 12/11/2018 at 10:24 AM, Macschimmi said:

That looks promising! I just read somewhere that they got an award for this at CES 2019. Can’t wait to see more and also web client!