Guides for the Forum Read more... ×
Poradniki na Forum Read more... ×
Migration process Read more... ×
Proces migracji Read more... ×
Smarterelec

Google Home issues resolved with automation bridge

Question

I managed to get GH working with Fibaro in australia for a short time. It was clunky and annoying having to say "hey google" "talk to fibaro" "turn on kitchen light" ... Just painful. It didnt heart me half the time (although it seems more my voice than anything as if I pitch up it hears me). Then..... it lost connection to Fibaro and wouldnt connect.

I installed an automation bridge in about ten minutes and it became awesome. Its fast and responsive. I am now using siri more as its almost instant and just hit the button to speak without having to say "siri" . GH has its place still for music etc but the voice commands on siri are better.

The big difference??? The automation bridge. Get on it. It makes it simple.

9 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Hi Nicopret, Skaro technology is the manufacturer here in Aus.

Posted (edited)

Hi Smarterelec, Can you please tell me how this Automation Bridge works? and Which OS has installed in this bridge?

Really forward to know about this Automation Bridge from Skaro technology!

Edited by Akshay

It's a hardware device from what i can see. (https://www.skaro.com.au/) another $200 to the mix, for me not viable.. adding $200 to get a $80 device up and running is a bit whacked

• Inquirer
  • Hi Akshay,

Its essentially a ras PI that sits on your local network. As described when I spoke with the developer and distributor separately, it takes the commands that would normally be sent to the cloud and keeps them in house. This decreases the delay massively because its only bouncing around your local network. I run Google home, Alexa and ios through it for different evaluation purposes. It can also be used to create GUI s and I'm sure that fellas much smarter than me have other uses for it :-)

Hi Smarterelec

Ok, I understood I am also using the ras pi with HA Bridge, but my question is "Is it using the same HA  Bridge in Skaro Technology"?

Thanks for u fast replies.:-)

Posted (edited)

The HA Bridge by Skaro is basically a reskinned version of the free HA Bridge by BWS Systems on a Pi in a nice case

It has a few tweaks to the software to make it look nice and to make it very user friendly

Edited by fat