Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Swipe biep/sound/noise get on nerves

Meinewenigkeit

Question

Hi,

i bought swipe this week an included it successful.

Is it normal that every xx min swipe make these biep sound? I think it is the check for communication. 

I put it out from the bedroom because of these noise sound. Is there a solution to set these off?

8 answers to this question

Take a look at the FAQ in support from Fibaro:

Please login or register to see this link.

What kind of beep do you hear ?

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_04/image.png.0081f0226d037b26811a8262c99c71eb.png" alt="image.png.0081f0226d037b26811a8262c99c71eb.png" />

4 hours ago, Meinewenigkeit said:

Is it normal that every xx min swipe make these biep sound? I think it is the check for communication. 

battery or power supply mode?

swipe is getting crazy when the provided 5V are coming from cheap / not clean power supply, e.g. most of 5V chargers. I have made very good experience with original Power Supply from Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.

What @tinman and @samuel said, plus this:

If it is not the supply, it might be interference. In this topic some discussion + a report of a user, noticing his nearby fridge makes the swipe beep randomly...

• Inquirer
  • @petergebruers

Oh, that was a new info for me. The question is, what did i do with this information.

In the meantime i tpped this the swipe beep tree times every 4 minutes and fibaro browser under swipe icon say: transfer/broadcast ok! So it looks like the checkup between swipe and fibaro.

I set " Powering mode - interval of updating the current mode " to highest because i thougt thats the problem and try " Power saving mode " off but still beeping.

Edited by Meinewenigkeit

1 minute ago, Meinewenigkeit said:

swipe icon say: transfer/broadcast ok!

If it detects a real gesture, or one caused by power supply, or by interference, or because you put a certain material on it (maybe a book, wood), or because you hold an electronic fly squat close to the unit, or because it is near a certain type of device (like some fridges) it will beep and de HC says "transfer OK".

So I do not think you can learn much by looking at that "transfer OK".

Please try this: use fresh alkaline batteries. Put the device on a table and keep all electrical and electronic appliances at least 1 m away from the Swipe. Exclude and include (delete and add) the device so all parameters are back at default. Observe for 15 minutes. Does it beep? If it does, it is faulty. If it does not beep... remove the batteries and try your usb adapter. So one step at a time...

• Inquirer

Please try this: use fresh alkaline batteries. Put the device on a table and keep all electrical and electronic appliances at least 1 m away from the Swipe. Exclude and include (delete and add) the device so all parameters are back at default. Observe for 15 minutes. Does it beep? If it does, it is faulty. If it does not beep... remove the batteries and try your usb adapter. So one step at a time...

Still beep. I think i send it back and try again.