Guides for the Forum Read more... ×
Poradniki na Forum Read more... ×
nahhab

Connectivity Blocked through One ISP

Question

Hi,

I have a problem connecting my android Fibaro App to the server whenever I use my mobile provider network (4g ISP). I've tried all other ISPs and I can connect without problems.

When I traced the issue and used a packets analyzer, I found that the server 120-42-protection.greywizard.net is not accessible from my ISP and that's causing the problem.

Now I don't know how to proceed and who shall take this further and find the root cause to resolve, is it my ISP, Fibaro, or Grey Wizard? Appreciate your help as this issue has been there for more than a year as long as I can remember but I decided now to do something about it and stop using VPNs.

6 answers to this question

@nahhab I would suggest you to talk to ISP and provide both traceroute -d report, one can connect one is blocked. ISP should be the one who deal with this kind of network issue.

• Inquirer
  • 49 minutes ago, Sirhideo said:

@nahhab I would suggest you to talk to ISP and provide both traceroute -d report, one can connect one is blocked. ISP should be the one who deal with this kind of network issue.

Thanks Sirhideo, I'm trying to reach them over Twitter, these things are difficult to get timely support on with large ISPs. I have also reached Grey Wizard who were very professional and they are working on this from their side to resolve and trying also to contact my ISP to resolve.

• Inquirer
  • Update :

ISP insists its not from their side. I discovered that is correct possibly since I managed to connect using Firefox browser but not Chrome neither Fibaro App. I am still following up with Grey Wizard but I believe Fibaro support shall intervene. I repeated the same scenario on a different device from a different manufacturer and I got the same results where Firefox works but the rest wont connect. 

Posted (edited)

greywizard is stopping me posting in the forums.

... but not this time.... ???  weird.

I get this when I try to post a reply to a particular thread:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_07/image.png.4e4f1ca1d156f891409acc68d8ea5c44.png" width="520" alt="image.png.4e4f1ca1d156f891409acc68d8ea5c44.png" />)

Edited by clowg

Posted (edited)

Same for me... time to time I'm blocked too

I have started to use Microsoft EDGE browser (for forum only), since than never blocked again.

Edited by cag014

Nope - Edge blocks me too.  F'ing annoying @Fibaro!!!

Its only on this one thread as far as I've found so far.