Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGMS-001-ZW5 Motion in the Dark and Check Interval

ahmed24

Question

I just purchased and added this motion sensor to my z-wave network. Last night I went past the sensor when it was dark, probably around 0 lux. However, the device didn't detect me. At this point I had only just turned off the lights about 10minutes prior and the lux reading hadn't updated to 0 until another 20minutes later. So question is, does this sensor detect motion in the dark? if it does, does the lux reading have to be reported at 0 before it does motion sensing in the dark?

Also, I can’t seem to make sense of how and when the check interval parameter actually works, because if there is motion, it pretty much instantly updates the status within few seconds. The lux reading also doesn’t seem to directly have any pattern of intervals either. For example some times there are gaps of about and hour between lux readings, sometimes there are gaps of literally minutes. For most of the day the gap is around the hour mark. But at certain times of the day gap becomes minutes. Like for example this morning at 7:06AM UK time it got a lux reading, then every minute after that until 7:11AM then every 14 to 30 minutes until about 9AM. So doesn’t seem to have a pattern. Is this normal? does the check interval not effect the lux reading reporting times?

1 answer to this question

Hi @ahmed24 ,

Did this happen once or were you able to reproduce this issue?
Our MS is using a PIR sensor, so the lux level does not have much to do with whether it detects movement or not.