Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

New Fibaro Door Sensor is going to explode due to temp ?

ocollus

Question

A brand new door sensor showing very high temperature. While real device temperature is about 18 - door sensor report about 117 degrees. Started to raise about 2 hours ago and still raising...

Any solutions ?

3 answers to this question

Wow, 117 degrees ...

In case with Fibaro Motion Sensor, @A.Smolinski recommends covering it with something to test if it is fake motion detection.

Probably you should put the Door Sensor in refrigeration to test, whenever it is fake reported temperature or real one measured :D

Now seriously, I had around 30 Door Sensor 2 installed.

I "only" had following problems:

1. Poor quality strip. All sensor dropping down, matter of time. Now I replace the strips before installing the sensor in-place

2. Fast battery drain on some installs. I suspected, due to poor strip quality, back TMP button may "fake" click itself, leading to often radio reporting to HC. Last installs I even brake back TMP button (it is plastic) before install and have no problems with draining batteries

3. Don't install in secure mode, as you will later unmount all of them to re-include as non-secure devices after facing tons of problems (not a device problem I guess, but overall one)

4. Very often z-wave interview process fails ending with not configured device. I always add devices very near the HC.

Except above problems, which may be deal breaker for most people which expects quality from Fibaro, I had no operational problems of the door sensor itself so far.

Hi @ocollus ,

Can you show me the device's temperature chart?
Have you tried resetting it or removing and adding it to the system once more?

• Inquirer
  • It suddenly switched back to normal... Maybe it's one time issue... Will watch.

Please login or register to see this attachment.