Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Led strip won't turn on after wall switch is turned on

tolick

Question

Hello. 

When I turn ON wall switch, that power transformator where fibaro rgbw controller and led strip is connected, the LED strip won't turn on until I'll not open fibaro mobile application and will click OFF and then ON to that rgbw module.

What I should change to have led strip turned on at last color it was when I turned wall switch off?

Thank you.

Make sure the parameter 16 is checked so that it memorizes the device's status at a power cut.

• Inquirer
  • 3 minutes ago, A.Smolinski said:

Make sure the parameter 16 is checked so that it memorizes the device's status at a power cut.

Parameter 16 is checked but LED strip still won't turn ON. 

I have 6 LED strips and 6 rgbw dimmers and all connected/added by default way without changing any settings. Two of them all the time turn LED strip on/off when I turn on/off wall switch but other 4 sometimes may turn on(usually when it wasn't turned off for long time) but most of time won't turn LED strip on before I'll not click OFF/ON in application.

Where issue comes from?

Thank you.

• Inquirer
  • What means "Polling time interval:"?

On one of my RGBW controllers that turns on all the time is set to: device uses global pooling time but on another it is: device excluded from pooling 

How it should be?

ANd i found one more issue, even if wall switch is on now, in fibaro home center on this rgbw controller it is marked with: comminication problem and X 

WHat i did wrong? Can you help me?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I understood i should make some changes on the settings pages attached to this post...but can anyone suggest what will be right settings i should put:

Thank you.

When I turn ON wall switch, that power transformator where fibaro rgbw controller and led strip is connected, the LED strip won't turn on until I'll not open fibaro mobile application and will click OFF and then ON to that rgbw module.

I see that you have communication problems with your RGBW Kitchen.

Do you use the power switch (wall switch) to turn off the power supply to the RGBW device?

The RGBW device must always be active (have power supply voltage).

• Inquirer
  • 24 minutes ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

If transformer is off RGB no longer visible or communicating with system. Its a 24/12v device.

But after i turn transformer ON, RGBW Module can automatically return to color from last time without opening fibaro application and to do something in it?

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

If transformer is off RGB no longer visible or communicating with system. Its a 24/12v device.

And my question was to have LED Strip on automatically when i turn power on on switch from the wall without being necessary to open fibaro application and turn off/on rgbw module.

• Inquirer
  • 2 minutes ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

From my experience it  always powers on with led off

do you know what means this then? And from 6 devices, 2 o them turns led strip on and 4 not. all of them connected the same way and have the same settings...

Parameter 16

Memorize device status at power cut. Device will be set to status memorized before power cut.

device does not memorize its status at the power cut. Load is disconnected.
    device memorizes its status at the power cut. Load will be set to the status from before power cut (parameters, current outputs status, energy)

• Inquirer
  • 7 hours ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

Just tested that on my desk , it doesnt come back on for me with parm set on or off

Here was the same question but i didn't understand the solution:

Why should a transformer be powered all the time when it is used sometimes maybe 1-2 hours per week...really fibaro rgbw can work only when it is powered all the time?

If you switch off the power supply to the RGBW module, it no longer sends any signals to the controller.

The controller will then enter the RGBW device as a dead node and will eventually stop communicating with it.

The fact that the RGBW unit always has a power supply to function is nothing strange.

All devices that you connect to your Fibaro should be power-connected, otherwise the equipment will not work.

• Inquirer
  • 39 minutes ago, RH_Dreambox said:

If you switch off the power supply to the RGBW module, it no longer sends any signals to the controller.

The controller will then enter the RGBW device as a dead node and will eventually stop communicating with it.

The fact that the RGBW unit always has a power supply to function is nothing strange.

All devices that you connect to your Fibaro should be power-connected, otherwise the equipment will not work.

RH_Dreambox, and what haopoens after "If you switch off the power supply to the RGBW module, it no longer sends any signals to the controller. The controller will then enter the RGBW device as a dead node and will eventually stop communicating with it."...and if power supply is switched on later, RGBW module, using parameter 16(device memorizes its status at the power cut. Load will be set to the status from before power cut (parameters, current outputs status, energy)) should turn on rgbw led strip at color it was left before power was cut? It is possible to work in this way?

Otherwise i don't know how can a wall switch turn on/off light or application from the phone/pc should be used all the time for this?

@tolick

Please, set your comments in order. Read the rules of the "First steps on the Forum" section before posting and learn how to tag, quote etc.

Take a closer look at the warning points section as your posts are violating a couple of rules posted there.

• Inquirer
  • @A.Smolinski, i'll take a look to that...I'm sorry for this mistakes... but for my last question, it will work the way i want or fibaro can't do this?

Yes, as the parameter's description states, it should memorize the state from before the power cut and go back to it once the power is restored. ;)

• Inquirer
  • And why my RGBW led strip doesn't turn on when i turn on power to transformer using wall swtich? :)

16 hours ago, tolick said:

How can Fibaro RGBW module be always active if it is connected after power transformer, but wall switch turn on/off 220v that goes to power transformer? Or i did something wrong?

Sorry for all this question. I'm new to this :)

Do as I have done and it will work. The RGBW device will surely remember the status when the power is on, but it is less likely that it will automatically repair the dead node.

If the communication resumes, it may take a long time.