Guides for the Forum Read more... ×
Poradniki na Forum Read more... ×
northyorks

Intercom keeps Crashing!

Question

FIBARO! My intercom keeps crashing so that notifications don't come through and the intercom when pressed doesn't flash / play the chime sounds.

I contact support and to reset you hold down ring until  a blue number lights up then keep holding until all flashes red. This fixes the crash.

But Intercom keeps crashing!! Randomly - after a day, sometimes a week. Its soooo annoying!!!!!!!!

All users seem affected - Am I going mad or is Fibaro not doing anything about this?

Is it software or is it the devices?? Are the units faulty?

FIBARO please communicate to owners of the Intercom about what is going on with this issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive had my intercom since February with tis issue now.... its just not fair.

13 answers to this question

Is the problem still present after the latest update from Friday?

• Inquirer
  • It’s too soon to say as I have not yet had a visitor to the door, but have not noticed a crash yet.

I don’t think the IOS version can change the behaviour though as it must be the devices firmware which I don’t believe has yet had an update? 

I keep going to device hardware version and ‘update’ button always greyed out. See pic..

surely its the devices firmware that needs update? 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I need you to tell me which version do you see in the app settings in iOS itself.

Then I'm afraid there's not much more I could do. we're working on a new update that will fix this issue, but I can't give you any exact time of its release. Sorry.

• Inquirer
  • Ok and I assume it’s a update to the hardware software version in the app? First screenshot? So when it’s available it will appear here and must click update in the app??

I can't share such information right now.

• Inquirer
  • Thats disappointing.

For customers whom have paid just over £700 for a doorbell which is not 100% reliable and randomly crashes meaning no notifications are sent to the app to say the doorbell has been pressed ..... its a poor show.

I would argue the intercom due to crashing and then not working anymore as an intercom until it is rebooted is not fit for purpose.

Fibaro should be rushing to fix this... and should be looking after customers explaining how and when such fundamental issue will be addressed.

I have had my intercom since February with his issue..... always your response is 'working on a fix'. Really poor.

I get the strong impression you know fully the issue with crashing intercom... but cant find a fix for it...

@A.Smolinski 

Thanks for the hint - what I notice is that the problem is known.

Would you have any information as to when the problem is resolved?

It is a doorbell that will enable my visit to attract attention - without success - what a pity!

Am I entitled to return the product due to non-fulfillment of the advertised functionality?

With refund of the purchase price, although the product was already installed?

I can't share any details regarding the fix.
    In order to discuss warranty, you'll have to contact our support directly.

Hi, 

I have had the same issues with my Fibaro Intercom and not much of help from support team and they insisted that my wifi signal was poor, while my device was powered through a CAT6a cable over PoE+ high end switch. I closley monitored its behaviour and found out that the intercom crashs immediately after my internet modem restart, I used to restart my 4G modem every 6 hours. So I went ahead and disabled the restarting scene and the crashs minimized so far and I am still monitoring.

So in conclusion, the Fibaro Intercom crashs when it loses internet connectivity. I am not sure why, but Fibaro team need to enhance the software to keep local connectivity up and running when Internet connection is out.

Posted (edited)
    On 7/16/2018 at 10:46 PM, Malath said:

So in conclusion, the Fibaro Intercom crashs when it loses internet connectivity.

That's interesting information !

Thanks for sharing !

I'm using also a Fibaro intercom and has to confirm that the device is really buggy, also after the latest update. My intercom is connected over UTP which eliminates Wifi issues, so I'll start troubleshooting my wired internet connection.

Edited by Fitchie

Yes indeed, it is buggy specially when recreating users after formatting.

So far I am 100% sure that the device crashes upon loosing internet connectivity. Fibaro support replied that they are going to release an update soon that could tackle those issues.

The device has a problem keeping local connection when Internet is not available and this is a major drawback.