Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Alarm panel not working and support doesn't care.

sir_horn

Question

My alarm panel doesn't take any actions if a sensor on my slave HC2 is breached. For example running a scene or turning on lights. The actions are taken first after the alarm has been turned of (I have obviously checked "alarm checkbox" in scenes etc). Support has checked via remote access and confirmed my problems is due to  bug in their synd between slave and master HC2..

Fibaro Suport has known about this for about 5 months now and they say it is a bug but they cannot say when it will be fixed... For me that is unacceptable, I have set it up as a alarm system and spent well over 20 000 euros on their products. What are your experiences with bugs? How long do they usually take to solve them (if they are fairly serious like this one)?

Its also worth mentioning that the bug is not only related to the alarm panel. The master HC2 doesn't seem to recognize any changes made to devices on the salve unit, such as name changed, updates etc.

So far supports only solution have been that i should reinstall all devices on the slave unit... that advice I got 30 days after following their advice to reinstall 100 devices after another issue (had to spread devices to slave). I will not reinstall again, except for this bug all is working smooth after hundreds of hours fixing it, not feeling to start over, again...

12 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • 3 hours ago, A.Smolinski said:

Could you give me the case number so I can look into this?

Hello! Yep, have below cases regarding this issue:

In case #123130 you said:

Thanks a lot for offering to help. But I do not feel like doing a quick fix that needs to be redone later when bug is fixed. For now all is good so I wait .

So I assume that the problem resurfaced? Have you tried any of the workarounds proposed by our support?

• Inquirer
  • The problem never went away :( what you qouted is part of a conversation before the issue/bug was fully covered and understood.

The problem is because sync between primary and slave HC2 is not working and as long as it is not working my problem will not be solved. And the bug is still

pending (5months later)...

I have not been proposed any workarounds that would work. The only workaround I have been propused is to re-import all devices from slave. But that would require rebuilding of all

my scenes, edit settings etc for all devices imported (about 100) and its only a temporary solutions since the problem would come back as soon as I changed anything on the slave HC2.

Above workaround is not so tempting when everything else in the system has been fine tuned for hundreds of hours. Why should be the one putting

in hundreds of hours when there is a veriefied bug causing the problem?

please note that this is not only related

to alarm panel but all syncing between slave and master. This is bug that is verified by support. The question is why it’s not being fixed??

It is being fixed, but it takes time to come up with a proper solution. Until then, I advise you stick to the support's instructions.

• Inquirer
  • Which instructions are you referring to? I cannot redo my whole system for a temporary fix and that’s the only instruction I have been given

Edited by sir_horn

The ones that you've received from our support. If you decide that you don't want to do that, I cannot force you to it. Any permanent fixes may be expected in the newest update.

• Inquirer
  • I have not received any other instructions from support. gr8 if it is finally taken care of. thanks if you had anything to do with that :)

• Inquirer
  • On 5/29/2018 at 3:12 PM, A.Smolinski said:

The ones that you've received from our support. If you decide that you don't want to do that, I cannot force you to it. Any permanent fixes may be expected in the newest update.

Hello! No fix for this in latest beta?

• Inquirer
  • sooo… now 8 months with verified bug that is said to be prioritised but still no solution... also no answer on email to support for 2 weeks. wow, wonder how low priority bugs are handled in this company

In December 2019, and still waiting for you to fix this.. If the alarm is an extra for an expensive tech toy, just don't advertise it as a security system because we bought it for this reason.