Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Let's have useful user manuals

Dunkigrease

I used to work for a computer and  wrote user manuals.  Having been trying to get to grips with the Fibaro system I have to say that I am very disappointed with the manuals. 

Yes they look very sexy with nice graphics and are logically set out.  Like many other technical manuals they really provide give the reader any real help.  If we look at the HCL manual it steps through each screen of the interface, but basically only reflects what the reader sees on the screen and can deduce just by looking at the screen.

For example take a look at the Advanced settings tab of any device.  The clue here is in the name "Advanced Settings".  One would expect as we are now moving into the "advanced" realm there would be some detailed descriptions of the everything on that page.  What does the manual tells us?  I quote "General advanced settings with information about the Z-Wave chip, ability to hide the device in the interface or disable it, polling settings and few other."    Huh!!!!  Is that it Fibaro?  It would be nice (actually pretty darned important) to be told what  happens if we "hide" a device or if we "disable" a device.   What happens to the alarm panel in this event, etc.  This is just one small example.

Frankly the manuals are hardly worth reading if you really want to understand how the system really works and what happens given certain actions.

If you ask support they just point you at the manual or the forums.  They do not provide any real help.  

Big Disappointment Fibaro!