Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Alexa all device Offline

vmuscariello

Question

All my z-wave Fibaro devices are showing as offline in Alexa app. yesterday a strange ERROR 502 appeared trying to configure again the skill Fibaro in Alexa. Please suggest

9 answers to this question

We had a bit of an issue with our remote connection. It's all working now, but you might be forced to configure it once again.

15 hours ago, A.Smolinski said:

It's all working now, but you might be forced to configure it once again.

Apparently, it's not all working now. 

I can no longer control my devices through Alexa.

I have tried to re-discover the devices. Didn't help. 

I have disabled (and thus unlinked) the two Fibaro skills, then re-linked, and re-discovered. This leads to an error ('There was an error discovering your devices') and nothing is discovered.

So maybe this "a bit of an issue" should be looked at "a bit more seriously".

Thank you.

Edited by marcwau

We're currently facing some technical issues from the side of our service provider. We've been informed that resolving them is a matter of hours. We're extremely sorry for the inconvenience but there's not much we can do beside waiting for our provider to come up with a solution. Please, have a bit more patience.

Apparently this is not fixed. All my devices are offline.

After powering down completely, waiting for 10 minutes, and restarting (as Fibaro support suggested), Alexa is back and finds the devices.

But one strange thing I noticed, when I rediscovered all devices is this: Alexa now discovers 113 devices. Previously, it was 120 devices, of which most are Fibaro devices. But the 7 devices that are now missing are Qubino dimmers. They used to be under Alexa control before, and now Alexa does not find them any more.

Is this a deliberate change, or is there a way to fix this (apart from replacing Qubino by Fibaro :-))?

Thanks.

11 hours ago, A.Smolinski said:

You might need to reconfigure the whole network from scratch, unfortunately.

Funny.

I have to reconfigure a network with close to 200 devices from scratch? 

Who will pay for the days this will take? When giving answers here, at least try to think about the impact of what you are suggesting. Empathy? 

If indeed that is what I will need to do, then the suggestion I would make to Fibaro is: you will need to redevelop your software and systems from scratch. 

Apgc