Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HCL freezes randomly three to four times a week

Guest PeterCogen

Question

Guest PeterCogen

As soon as I had installed a little more than 20 modules and 3 virtual devices and had configured 20 scenes... my HCL started freezing every hour or so.

First thing I did was limit power consumption and status reporting, disable unused slave devices, and reduce the number of automatic scenes which helped significantly. The thing would now run sometimes for up to a day.

I also reduced the access control list to 1 superuser and forgot completely about geolocalisation as this would never work correctly anyway (actions were systematically hours late).

Then, I programmed a nightly reboot which further reduced the number of crashes but even now, every two or three days, my HCL hangs at some random point in time for no identifiable reason at all.

The only reason I can think of is that this little thing wants to do way too much for its limited hardware resources.

If the people at Fibaro expect me to love their software so much that I would be willing to re-invest in a better machine just to see it perform decently... They are mistaken.

My HCL experience only leaves me with a fair amount of frustration and a total lack of confidence in Fibaro as a company.

I do regret this, because, yes, the software is conceptually great.

3 answers to this question

You should contact our Tech Support. They will be able to help you improve your HC's performance.

Same problem here! I never saw a system that crashes for CPU limit or cause use of RAM.

It's like an Operating System goes off cause cannot manage resources. Never seen such bad situation.

A lot of users complain that situation since a long time and Fibaro don't answer to an issue that is know and common.