Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

problem battery HEAT CONTROLLER FGT-001 FIBARO

peterlag

Question

Hello, 

the battery of my heat controller will discharge after a few days. I tried to reset, to calibrate again, to put on standby but nothing to do: the problem persists the same. How can I solve this problem? I have read that other people also have the same problem. If this problem is not solved then we must conclude that this controller is not reliable and replace it with another brand.

Thanks

14 answers to this question

So it's operating without your commands? Any scenes or anything that might be triggering it?

4 hours ago, peterlag said:

the battery of my heat controller will discharge after a few days. I tried to reset, to calibrate again, to put on standby but nothing to do: the problem persists the same.

I would guess problem is the battery. Do you have any other FGT-001 to compare with?

1 hour ago, A.Smolinski said:

So it's operating without your commands?

Mr. Smolinski, this is one of the problems with the current FGT firmware that has been discussed at length in other topics and in the private thread of Peter Gebruers that you have access to.

The FGT has a life of its own, even if it is set to OFF, to a low temperature, on a vacation schedule or whatever status that should not require any action. As I mentioned many times, I have two of them in my bedroom, and they do "something" (short stroke) every 15 to 20 minutes, despite being on OFF. And of course, all these unwanted actions drain the battery sooner than it should. And the noise keeps you from falling asleep :-)

One of the many reasons why we are eagerly waiting for the next firmware, which was promised a long time ago.

• Thanks 1

I had the same problem when i used domoticz. To control the FGT i enabled polling (if i remember correctly) on domoticz.

Without the polling option I've got a timeout when trying to communicate with the FGT.

When polling enabled of course the battary draint (even when in not used) in a few days on the FGT.

Switch to an HCL, polling for the FGT is not required any more and the battery lives months.

Fibaro knows about the issues. They are working on it. There is no ETA of the next firmware...

On 9/7/2018 at 3:05 PM, T.Konopka said:

@peterlag , did the firmware update 4.4 solve the issue for you?

For me not, same problem described before. Battery drain still present, with Domoticz you have to set Polling "On" or you will lose the device.

At the moment the battery duration is from 8 to 10 days.

I have 21 FGT's in daily use; since the upgrade to firmware 4.5, I don't have any problems with battery drain, motor failures or other major issues.
The only remaining strange behavior that I (sometimes) encounter is that the HC2 displays different "next setting" information from what the actual FGT schedule is. But it's not systematic, so it's hard to tell what triggers it.

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2019 at 3:29 PM, marcwau said:

I have 21 FGT's in daily use; since the upgrade to firmware 4.5, I don't have any problems with battery drain, motor failures or other major issues.
 The only remaining strange behavior that I (sometimes) encounter is that the HC2 displays different "next setting" information from what the actual FGT schedule is. But it's not systematic, so it's hard to tell what triggers it.

Thank you marcwau,

really appreciate your comment. I will upgrade mine and give you a feedback of the battery drain I have on 4.4.