Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Associations set automatically on Dimmer 2's and Wall Plugs?

Joep

Question

One month ago I installed the Fibaro system in our newly build home with over 25 modules. All Fibaro dimmer 2's, (double) switch 2's and wall plugs. I included all the devices and made 1 scene to switch the garden lighting on when the sun sets. Nothing special yet.

Two weeks ago we started living in our home and we noticed strange behaviour. Lights where on in the morning, that I know for sure where off the night before. I first blamed my 2 year old daughter, because she can flip light switches now, but I discovered that one wall plug was on, and she never could press the small button from where the outlet is.

I read about associations, but I do not have them configured yet. I logged in to Home Center 2 and checked the associations section of the lights that gone spooky and the list was clear (only HC2 on group 1). Then I discovered the read configuration button, and after the controller retrieved the configuration it appears that the devices where associated with each other. I didn't configure it, huh? 4 lights gone spooky, there where 2 associations. I cleared them and everything became normal.  The modules came fresh out of the sealed boxes, so no second use.

Today my wife messaged me that other lights are on when she came downstairs and one light that became spooky earlier this week. I did the same check and on the new spooky dimmer an association appeared.

Long story short, did anybody experience this behaviour? It looks like associations are set automatically without the controllers knowledge.

Edited by Joep

1 answer to this question

• Inquirer
  • A small update. I maybe got a clue. I think I have discovered a pattern. I had two PhilioTech PAN11-1 z-wave wall plugs to read the energy consumption from my washer and dryer to send a push notification when they are ready. Every weekend when I washed it looks like the system went from smart things to strange things. But we where working at the house also and the fuse popped out sometimes.

Past week I removed the PhilipTech wallplugs from the system and did some laundry and it looks stable since 7 days now.

My question is how is this possible. Everything looked normal in Home Center and the plugs are supported. I used them for 3 years with a z-stick and Domoticz.

I hope it stays stable now and I can focus on programming my automation.