Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Parameter for light intensity upon basic set command?

3JL

Question

Hi all,

I have a motion sensor associated with a fibaro dimmer 2. There is no parameter that determines the light intensity when turned on after motion has been detected, right? (basic set command)

J

14 answers to this question

What I understand is that the on/off command is send with a direct association. When you want different light levels you have te build a scene for it.

• Inquirer
  • I was afraid of that.. thanks!

How is the speed with your motion sensor. In my room I have to make some steps and then the led flashes and turns on the light (direct association, actor is 3 meters away from the motion sensor). I think it takes 2 seconds to respond when entering the room.

• Inquirer
  • Hi Joep, seems virtually instantaneously (i.e. << 1s), but I will check tonight!

5 minutes ago, 3JL said:

Hi Joep, seems virtually instantaneously (i.e. << 1s), but I will check tonight!

Thank you. That means I have incorrect parameters set (I use the motion sensor out-of-the-box and only made an association).

Guys, there can be also delays caused by firmware, as i'm aware...

3 hours ago, Joep said:

Thank you. That means I have incorrect parameters set (I use the motion sensor out-of-the-box and only made an association).

What is the brand of your motion sensor?

1 hour ago, cag014 said:

What is the brand of your motion sensor?

Fibaro, the cat-eye device.

@Joep

Please set parameters 3,4 to make sensor  to respond faster..

• Inquirer
  • 17 hours ago, 3JL said:

Hi Joep, seems virtually instantaneously (i.e. << 1s), but I will check tonight!

Checked as promised:

It takes about 0,5-1s for the indicator light to blink and the light turns on virtually instantaneously after that.

NB my actor is a Fibaro dimmer and sensor a neo coolcam motion sensor

8 hours ago, cag014 said:

@Joep

Please set parameters 3,4 to make sensor  to respond faster..

@cag014, how do parameters 3 and 4 relate to parameter 1 (sensitivity)?

1 hour ago, 3JL said:

@cag014, how do parameters 3 and 4 relate to parameter 1 (sensitivity)?

Parameter 1 defines sensitivity, means it more sensitive to detect small movements and covers bigger range.

Parameter 3 and 4 defines how fast the sensor reacts to movement.

For example:

Parameter 3 - counts after how man pulses the sensor is breached. Obvious to detect just one movement instead of 3 to 5 will react faster.

Parameter 4 - window time. Sensor will count pulses in specific period of time. So to count 1 pulse within 0-4 seconds is faster than count 3 pulses within 3-16 seconds.   

Hi @3JL,

don't forget to wake up your sensor manually after changing it's parameters :-)

Edited by Bodyart

• Inquirer
  • 4 hours ago, cag014 said:

Parameter 1 defines sensitivity, means it more sensitive to detect small movements and covers bigger range.

Parameter 3 and 4 defines how fast the sensor reacts to movement.

For example:

Parameter 3 - counts after how man pulses the sensor is breached. Obvious to detect just one movement instead of 3 to 5 will react faster.

Parameter 4 - window time. Sensor will count pulses in specific period of time. So to count 1 pulse within 0-4 seconds is faster than count 3 pulses within 3-16 seconds.   

Thanks!

I changed parameter 3 and 4 to 0-1 pulse / 0-4 seconds and the motion detection is now very fast. The light goes after 1 second I guess. I think this is z-wave and the IKEA led bulb. They are slower to power on than the Philips leds I have.

I have to get used to that the eye detects body motion only and not the door. In my old home the CoCo motion sensor flipped on when opening the door.