Jump to content
Guides for the Forum Read more... ×
Poradniki na Forum Read more... ×
Migration process Read more... ×
Proces migracji Read more... ×
tinman

Fibaro now part of Nice S.p.a Group

Recommended Posts

Fibaro now part of Nice Group,

 

Please login or register to see this link.

 

 

nice, or isn't? I think it's a good move, for both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is excellent news for installers ;D. Not so sure how it will play out for the DIY market though...,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Nice wants to make their gate engines, blinds and other products Z-Wave compatible, so they "invested" into Fibaro.

 

When they will be 2-way compatible it could be cool projects with it. Nice Gates and Blinds, Fibaro system for HA and Fibaro intercom as an entry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Robert Folbigg said:

Not so sure how it will play out for the DIY market though...

I think it does not matter. Silabs released the SDK so diy-ers can make their own device, hack an existing one or make their own controller. Or contribute to openzwave. Or ignore z-wave and use wifi or bt based solutions.

 

Oh. Maybe you meant a different kind of diy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss here in the forum a statement from Fibaro, how they want to continue now. What changes for customers and installers?
And does the Fibaro brand stay or be re-labeled?
You can not just leave your customers in the dark.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BAD NEWS i think....

For what i know the nice, always had a quite close mentality, their products doesn't operate with other ones...

 

Guys, i think that prices will rise up a lot and less integration will be possibile....bad news!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • actually Fibaro posted Nice video, which is the best answer :-)

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I have seen the video but must say not impressive at all and the big question still remains what is going to happen with the integration of Fibaro & Adoba. What are the plans of the Nice Group in relation to users (like me) who have a FIbaro HUB. Can we expect a speed up of the development for the HC2 and all related items such as plug-ins!?

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    10 hours ago, HKrook said:

    I have seen the video but must say not impressive at all and the big question still remains what is going to happen with the integration of Fibaro & Adoba. What are the plans of the Nice Group in relation to users (like me) who have a FIbaro HUB. Can we expect a speed up of the development for the HC2 and all related items such as plug-ins!?

     

    You see, and this is the power of Z-wAve. If this deal will mean they will stop developing HC2... you will need to swap just one component in your house for another, few hours of settings and you are again good to go, on different system but still. 

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    @HomeSystem.sk "a few hours" sounds optimistic to convert a fully developed setup and get it up and running at the same level of automation. It is good however that there indeed are options to continue using our z-wave devices...

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    @HomeSystem.sk; Thank for your reply but as said by Learner, a few hours for conversion is very optimistic and not realistic at all. Besides this, the investment done for aHC2 is big and you don't want to throw this in the bin and forced to buy an other hub so it is up to Nice (Fibaro) to inform their users what the their plans are in these new circumstances. So communication from Fibaro & Nice is essential to inform their customers about their HC2 road plan! So far no communication at all while the media is communicating about the sale of Fibaro is all over!

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • plans? probably like this: to take fresh money -> make new products -> get new markets -> to expand -> to make fresh money. Simple.  Fibaro was not competitor for Nice, and Nice was not competitor for Fibaro - the merger, if one wish to call it like that, have opportunities for both. Announcements with road plan are essentials for competitor merger.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    well, this is probably true...but i think this will come with complete rebranding (sad) and probably less integration with other systems (i.e. satel alarm plugin).

     

    the power of zwave is modularity first, and inter-operability.

     

    ps i know quite well Nice group as a brand, and it is well known in Italy but they tried some strange ways in the past, like a Zigbee closed system for sun shades. Anyway, zwave market in italy is almost unknown, i hope they will make it expand keeping an open minded strategy.

     

    ---> any comment from fibaro guys will be "nice"  

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Well, I guess I'll sit with you in this topic for a while... Especially considering what I already have "athom homey" z-wave... as a rebound.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    @HomeSystem.sk

    So far you are one of the best informed Fibaro-dealers;

    What is worrying me is what will happen with Fibaro's future and development.

    This because I want to start as a reseller and Installer of Fibaro products.

    But messages like this makes me curious......

     

    Your opinion would well be rewarded!

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On 7/18/2018 at 5:45 AM, 1152 said:

    @HomeSystem.sk "a few hours" sounds optimistic to convert a fully developed setup and get it up and running at the same level of automation. It is good however that there indeed are options to continue using our z-wave devices...

     

    Please dont take me too optimistic here :D I know it is not 2-3 hours :D But believe me, when I test new systems I never look at the clock :D It is fun too, that is why we do it right.

    On 7/18/2018 at 10:53 AM, HKrook said:

    @HomeSystem.sk; Thank for your reply but as said by Learner, a few hours for conversion is very optimistic and not realistic at all. Besides this, the investment done for aHC2 is big and you don't want to throw this in the bin and forced to buy an other hub so it is up to Nice (Fibaro) to inform their users what the their plans are in these new circumstances. So communication from Fibaro & Nice is essential to inform their customers about their HC2 road plan! So far no communication at all while the media is communicating about the sale of Fibaro is all over!

    I will tell you one thing, but dont tell anyone :) HC2 is a computer, it will reach the end of life one day, so whatever plans Fibaro has, you will come one day to the point of getting another Fibaro control center and just moving the backup (which is thankfully possible now) or you go next door. But you still need to count on it that it breaks. Tell me, how often do you change your laptop/phone... almost the same thing with HC2, it runs 24/7, it can not last for eternity.

    10 hours ago, TRicky said:

    @HomeSystem.sk

    So far you are one of the best informed Fibaro-dealers;

    What is worrying me is what will happen with Fibaro's future and development.

    This because I want to start as a reseller and Installer of Fibaro products.

    But messages like this makes me curious......

     

    Your opinion would well be rewarded!

     

    Well, thanks for nice words, but I am not sure of that :D I am definitelly one of the least dealers Fibaro wants for some reason :D

    I would open your question little bit wider - what is the future of Z-Wave. You know Z-Wave was purchased by Silicon Labs. And funny enough, Silicon labs is the owner of Zigbee too. So in my opinion there are gonna be a bit bigger changes in the field than just Fibaro becamming Nice. 

    I believe this means that we gonna see some more connecting beteen those two protocols, so probably zigbee is something that is also good to look at.

    And definitelly, if you are starting with new business, dont start on Fibaro only. Start on protocol. Fibaro with its decisions are messing with the market badly. In my opinion, if they dont change the phylosophy of whatewer they do in the means of sales they will see consequencies, which will not work out nicely for installers/resellers and at the end Fibaro will became system that can be bought anywhere, but noone would want to install it (it would not be worth) so it will just loose the advanteges as most of end users dont even use variables... Any system can provide what Fibaro does without variables, VDs and LUA. I can point to Homey, homee, zipato, popp hub, ...

    And you know what is Fibaro without installers, without theire support, without help of this forum ( @Sankotronic, this is mostly about you :D ) ... It is just overpriced system with horrible tech support.

    So to answer your question, I think Fibaro need to look at the system and aknowledge that it is not retail ready and appreciate the resellers/installers more, maybe answer the emails a bit more... If they do, it is good way to go. If they dont, as a new reseller it is just waste of time for you (not talking about Z-Wave now...).

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    ×