Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Why does my HCL keep resetting to 1970

Richard Hemingway

Question

Hi

My HCl will periodically reset its time and date to sometime in 1970, this then stops everything from working as it should.

It seems to be happening once a week or so, sometimes more.  It is really disappointing.

Can anyone help suggest why this might be the case?

Thanks

Richard. 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Richard Hemingway
added thumbnail

3 answers to this question

i have the same issue with more than one HCL. replaced the internal RTC battery no change. interestingly when RTC battery removed, i can set time and date manually or through internet, but ofcourse on restart of power loss, it will reset again to 1970 or 2000. 

i dont get how this is an issue from 2009 and still no fix and not even an explanation in all previous topics in the forum !

Edited by zeid

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for the responses - it is definitely set to manual mode as I have been unsuccessful in trying to get it to reach one of the NTP sources.

It is a bit of a joke, it happened each time the firmware was upgraded and I thought it was down to that, but now seems to happen occasionally for no explanation. 

I have to set a scene which actually does nothing other than to trigger a notification to my mobile at 9am each day.  When the notification doesn't arrive I log on and sure enough the time and date has been reset......