Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Using the switch or dimmer as a momentary switch.

Or Dor

Question

I have a LED that I'm using with a momentary switch to control the dimming (it has a built in push dimmer control).

I would like to use the dimmer or the switch to control it.

Can you please support me?

5 answers to this question

I think the best way would be to replace original dimming functionality with Zwave dimmer directly if possible. Otherwise switch can replace momentary switch function, but you will loose state of LED light feedback and it will be quite a difficult to dim the light (I can imagine some VD with different time of relay closed functionality).

• Inquirer
  • I will need to change the power adapter.

what should i do to make it a momentary?

I have a vera edge controller.

If you want to dim the light, than you need to buy dim-able power adapter, dimmer for LED drivers (Fibaro 2 will work) and momentary switch. Than you control directly the Fibaro dimmer with switch or with Vera.

• Inquirer
  • The current power adapter has a dali capability connection I can use to dimm the light with a momentary switch I like to keep using (Replacing it is very hard).

I would like the Fibaro switch of dimmer to replace the momentary switch, How can I do so?

• Inquirer
  • On 7/24/2018 at 9:46 AM, Or Dor said:

The current power adapter has a dali capability connection I can use to dimm the light with a momentary switch I like to keep using (Replacing it is very hard).

I would like the Fibaro switch of dimmer to replace the momentary switch, How can I do so?

anyone?