Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Questions about RS2 and smartthings

mouse100

Question

Hi all! At my home I have 6 electric roll-up shutter and I'd like to buy 6 fibaro roller shutter 2 with a Samsung Smartthings 2 hub. But I've two questions about this configuration. The first question is about the connection maximum distance, so the coverage of the devices, since it's the first time I buy a z-wave device. So I have a 85mq home  and my doubt is that if I'll connect the hub in my entrance, the farthest roll-up shutter will have problem to communicate with the hub. So in this case could be very annoying to control only the roll-up shutters with a good signal and not the others.

My second question is about the hub settings. Since I would buy a Samsung hub and not a fibaro one that I think it's too expensive for my necessities, including the lite version. So I have read online that the fibaro hub gives the user the ability  to set the roll-up shutters closing percentage so in this case I can decide   for example to close them completely, at half closing or 25% closing. So do you know if is it possible to set the closing percentage also with a compatible hub?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet