Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Issues with sensor

twiseva

Question

I am having various issues with this sensor -- I returned the first one but am having similar issues with the second one. Basically it has now stopped detecting flooding. It still sends motion events but that's about it. My Vera has also seemed to start having an issue communicating with it. It worked for about 2 or so weeks well, then after a heavy rain it ran through the battery with sound/alerting on the rain. Once I got a new battery it started not working correctly.

Any ideas? I have unpaired/repaired, used new batteries, etc. Just seems like there is an underlying issue.

My first one also failed in a similar way -- it wouldn't stop its water alarm. Even without water!!

I like the form factor and the features but this is my second one now with issues after just a a few weeks.

1 answer to this question

Hi, can you put it on a dry paper and check again? Found out that they are really sensitive, so give it a try.