Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Initialstate Plugin - how to

tinman

here we got, someone asked for user manual for it, so i will try to describe a litte how this great plugin can be used.

1. - Initialstate

Some time ago initialstate (

Please login or register to see this link.

)started to promote their solution for IoT free reporting platform. So far ok, lot of ppl started to use it, however then initialstate recognized "let's got higher level" and started to charge for use. All who have already account, so called legacy account, can still use it for free. Others have to pay, the smallest solution on initialstate webpage is "individual account" for 99USD/month, wtf? Ok, when you bought nice Tek scope for 5-80k USD, no big deal, but that's too much for typical use case.

However, initialstate mentioned something about their subscription codes 

That didn't looked like someone could really get one from them, but i was wrong. One can buy on digikey or newark (not farnell) these codes, for e.g. 1year for ~60USD.

That makes 5USD/month, which is in my opinion ok for such universal reporting tool ( 

)

Fibaro seems to use real-time streaming via REST, but of course one can insert any other source to reporting, even single https call is good enough, the data will get immediately showed in initialstate page.

Before someone buy it, it make sense to create account and make a 14day free test, to see if this is what you looking for.

If you don't like it, do not forget to go to the setting page of your initialstate account and click under security settings on "close my account".

No, if there is no CC information in your account, they will not charge you 1180USD/yr, unless you living in Tennessee (local law enforcement).

Note: once you closed your account, and wish re-use it, you will have to contact their support first.

2. Fibaro plugin - basics

The plugin is available under "Other" section, since 4.504:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_07/image.png.29911d226d999996f0f812fd27c3f570.png" />

just install it by clicking install, -> free, and then add instances by clicking on add. After that few settings need to be done, so go to plugin advanced page and set them:

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

... and here the scene :

- if only one instance of the initialstate plugin has been installed -> nothing to change, it will do everything for you

- if more instances -> you can still use without any setting change in the scene (the first instance of the plugin will get selected),

or you can set to usePlugin = false and enter your streamingAccessKey and bucketKey data

- if no initialstate plugin installed, you have to enter your streamingAccessKey and bucketKey data

Please login or register to see this code.

Edited by tinman
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• Topic Author
  • happy to see likes, i did edited it a bit, with scene example - not that Fibaro plugin is not good enough, but one can always add something :) 

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

thank you

Hello

In my initialstate I have the status of my pool pump, but the problem is that FIBARO returns TRUE or FALSE
    I am looking for LUA code to convert TRUE to ON and FALSE to OFF in initialstate array
    Edited by 971jmd3

• Topic Author
  • 14 minutes ago, JMDFIB said:

VD Label? You can't directly, as it will get filtered (as described above, there is filter "not string.match(k2, '^ui%.')" in the plugin)

But you can write the value of that label to .log property of the VD and display it,

or make use of my lua example above.

• Topic Author
  • 4 hours ago, JMDFIB said:

sorry but I do not understand very well

what example do you speak?

ISS Example above!

Anyway, i simplified to code, that should work for you much easier, all you have to do is to edit Initialstate account and line 20 of the lua scene below (to specify which label have to get read/posted on initialstate). 

• Like 1

Off top question @tinman ,
    what is the "MOCK" plugin (picture in point 2 of Your post) ? I do not have anything like this on the list of plugins for installation ;-) but of course / unfortunately I'm not contributor :-( 

• Topic Author
  • 23 minutes ago, drboss said:

Off top question @tinman ,
    what is the "MOCK" plugin (picture in point 2 of Your post) ? I do not have anything like this on the list of plugins for installation ;-) but of course /

this is Fibaro's internal plugin, which can generate any type of supported device, with all interface, properties and event classes, but without z-wave interface.

Is being used for device testing, and very useful as well for daily use (e.g. I use it for temperature sensors or switches into which i can write values and of course trigger everywhere on changes). Very nice thing, however Fibaro refused to make it public (the full version is too powerful and from time to time it does have devices which has been not yet even announced, so you can imagine such tool must stay internal only). I have requested many times simplified public version, and finally got told "yes, we will try to release simplified version", but that was months ago and still nothing (it is low priority project).

23 minutes ago, drboss said:

unfortunately I'm not contributor :-( 

well, you will not get it as contributor or what so ever person as well, one have to be Fibaro (hw dev team) employee to get it officially, i should not even know that this plugin exists.

@tinman  

thank you very much

autre question

if I understand well the scene updates every minute

-- loop every 1 minute

setTimeout(function() showVDLabelOnInitialState(); end, 1000 * 60)

how to update the scene when the Label1 changes state ?

I tested with:

--[[
    %% properties
    389 ui.Label1.value
    %% globals
    --]]

may not work

• Topic Author
  • 7 hours ago, JMDFIB said:

if I understand well the scene updates every minute

-- loop every 1 minute

setTimeout(function() showVDLabelOnInitialState(); end, 1000 * 60)

yes

7 hours ago, JMDFIB said:

how to update the scene when the Label1 changes state ?

6 hours ago, JMDFIB said:

I tested with:

--[[

%% properties
    389 ui.Label1.value
    %% globals
    --]]
    may not work

no, Fibaro is not triggering on VD changed.

If you wish to update immediately after a label has changed, you have to poll more frequently (instead of 1min)

or call this scene from your VD or scene (at the place where your label will forced to change in first place):

fibaro:startScene(sceneID)

but remove then the setTimeout line from scene above and replace sceneID with the id of your scene, that's all

MOCK ;-) yes it's very useful, but not for all. In this case for display temperature from external ethernet sensor (access via rest) and display as room parameter I use logical (children) device of hardware reseted sensor not removed from HC2 with disabled refresh state and signalization of dropped connection to HC2. Yes I now that is not elegant but work and I not need to reinstall old plugin from French forum (for fake device or sensor)

• Topic Author
  • 16 minutes ago, drboss said:

I use logical (children) device of hardware reseted sensor not removed from HC2 with disabled refresh state and signalization of dropped connection to HC2. 

"adam słodowy way", sure, i used it for customers as well.

16 minutes ago, drboss said:

I not need to reinstall old plugin from French forum (for fake device or sensor)

right, that was alternative to mock, but it needs reinstallation (for which i worte VD, once firmware changed download/set VDs) and since 4.5xx root access to set / to rw.

I however prefer mock plugin, it is from Fibaro and when it breaks something they can for sure help ;)

nice that someone else remembers Adam Słodowy ;-) Tkanks to Adam 

For MOCK, ... remains the hope that by mistake someone will add it to external distribution ;-) or any petition to Fibaro but looking " FIBARO Community Support Suggestions " a long way ahead of us ...

Edited by drboss

@tinman  thank you Chef

is it possible to trace an icon to initialstate ?

----ON

fibaro:call(169,"setProperty","currentIcon",1057)

---OFF

fibaro:call(169,"setProperty","currentIcon",1080)

I have another question

I think there is a problem with:

exemple: 

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_08/INTAS01.PNG.4b6ec9540aad20e52cd29bd60d5eedd1.PNG" alt="INTAS01.PNG.4b6ec9540aad20e52cd29bd60d5eedd1.PNG" />

INTAS02.PNG.55803dc696a9f26f92f2040aa93d7f3a.PNG

Edited by JMDFIB