Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Alexa doesn"t see HC2 scenes

krolflex

Question

Hey.

I am the new owner of Fibaro HC2. I have connected echo dot 2 and Logitech harmony elite. Problem one: whenever I say: Alexa, tell Fibaro to turn on the light in the kitchen, she answers: "and wasn; t finish the actions" and lights up .. however, the whole action takes a lot of sections. What should she do to stop her talking like that? Problem two: The Alexa application can not see scenes from Fibaro. However, he sees scenes from the Harmny hub.

3 answers to this question

Alexa, Google Assistant, Facebook chat bot - all of the above do not work with LUA scenes. They also do not work with block scenes that do not involve devices. Check your scenes!

To add a little to the above answer, since I found myself battling this today:

1. You need to create graphic block scenes

2. The scene needs to have a fibaro wall outlet or light switch or whatever, as long as its not motion or window/door related

3. You CAN set variables in these scenes

4. Using these variables you can trigger more complex LUA scenes if you wish.

Example:

Scene name: Test

Graphic block scene turns off unused light and sets variable funky to yes

Scene 2 runs and waits for variable funky to turn to yes > runs LUA code

The "Test" scene can also be triggered from an Alexa routine, so saying "Alexa, I am going to sleep" can be set up to trigger scene "Test" and run all LUA code you wish. 

Hi, I also have a problem with alexa. I linked Alexa to fibaro ID Cloud but alexa is unable to discover devices. in my case, the my fibaro id email has 6 home centers associated. is this the problem in this case?