Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Automation of underfloor (water) heating

Luc23

After looking around on the net and not being able to find definite answers I decided to join the forum and ask (some silly questions) some of you experts.

I’m in the design stages of the automation system in our new build house and I have my heart set on the Fibaro system. I’m looking to install HC2 to connect, amongs other switches, various motion sensors and hoping that I can use the temperature readings to control zonal heating.

I’ve got 2 pumps supplying 2 distributors for underfloor heating (one for each level); 4 zones upstairs controlled trough actuators and 3 zones downstairs controlled again trough actuators. 

What else do I need (or can it be done?) to be able to control the heating without installing a thermostat in each room?

In a classic system there is a thermostat (wired or wireless) that tells the Combi boiler to start heating.... As I have different zones to be controlled separately does the boiler need to be something special or can work with any?

I appreciate all the help that I could get at this stage.

Hardware wise you may want to check out a couple of these to connect to your actuators, (page in Norwegian, but text mainly in English):

Please login or register to see this link.

Your question about motion sensors, or other devices that provide temp readings, and thermostats opens up a discussion of its own. Others may be able to expand on this.

As to your question about the boiler control, pls ad a drawing/pic of your system.

• Topic Author
  • 11 hours ago, 1152 said:

Hardware wise you may want to check out a couple of these to connect to your actuators, (page in Norwegian, but text mainly in English):

Thanks for this suggestion. I’ve seen this DIN regulators but suppose I need 2 of those (for each distributor on each floor) and was looking for something smaller. Could I do it with Fibaro double switches? 

11 hours ago, 1152 said:

Your question about motion sensors, or other devices that provide temp readings, and thermostats opens up a discussion of its own. Others may be able to expand on this.

Are there issues with them controlling heating !?

I don’t like the idea of having thermostats in each room (and certainly not wired one). What other options do I have? 

11 hours ago, 1152 said:

As to your question about the boiler control, pls ad a drawing/pic of your system.

As I mentioned the whole system is in the planning stage so I haven’t got more details. Is only been suggested 2 pumps to help with the flow, one for each distributor. And the boiler will be a